Home Forums Bike Forum Carbon zone 29er forks

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Carbon zone 29er forks
  • Brother_Will
    Free Member

Okay peeps ive just bought a pair of these Link ive heard nothing but good things about carbon zone in general but is anyone else running a pair of these?

mrblobby
    Free Member

No, but interested to hear how you get on with them. Look like a pretty good deal.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Apparently a number of UK shops bring them into the country under there own branding but if bought in the uk one might theoretically have better come back if something went wrong.

lilchris
    Free Member

Hovered over the BIN button on a few occasions.

….so another one here interested as to how you get on!

steve_b77
    Free Member

They look just the ticket for localising my 29’er

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Well ill be sure to report in full (as long as im not speared in some horrible carbon failure accident of course)

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

There fine had some for around a year now there the best carbon rigids I have had.

cp

I was looking at these the other day. The only downside I really see with them is that they don’t have much offset so steering is likely to be a little slower than, say, an On one monocoque fork. combined with the longer length which slackens the head angle, I wonder if they’ll slow the handling a bit compared with other 29er fork options.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I found they rode better than a normal 470mm fork.

MadCowKev
    Free Member

Like these?

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Good news, were you running them with your Scandal The-MilkyBar-Kid?

Looks good madcowkev, were the graphics and paint done in the uk?

MadCowKev
    Free Member

Cheers Will, no paint and graphics done at factory. See http://www.Facebook.com/FluidCycles

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Yeh on a scandal and on a frame the same as above.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Great any idea on delivery timescales?

cp

I emailed a couple of days ago. Just had a reply.

they can do the tapered version in Matt UD for an extra 10USD

delivery to the UK is 10-15 days

lilchris
    Free Member

cp – Carbon Zone?

cp

sorry, yeah – carbon zone

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Thanks CP

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Okay update, tracking was easy once i figured out the right website.

Dont access it through another site as it appears to have a security block http://www.ems.com.cn/english.html

Once in the UK parcel force tracking takes over speaking of which i received a letter today from parcel force saying ive got some charges to pay.
    Import Vat £7.04
    Clearance Fee £13.50

This brings the total so far up to £122.20

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Update 2, forks arrived today quality is much better than i was expecting. They were really well wrapped and are quite astonishingly light! Looking forward to getting them installed. stay tuned for the next update.

[/url]
    Carbon 29er forks from China[/url] by Tyred Cyclist[/url], on Flickr

cp

Nice.

When I emailed them, I asked about a low value on the invoice. They would be happy to do this if you asked them to when ordering :)

Would be interested to know how they ride.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Okay updates. Fitting was simple enough as you can imagine, i used a fine tooth hacksaw to cut down the steerer (32tpi as i recall) using an old stem as a guide and used a file and fine sand paper to even it up.

So today first shake down ride, i was very conscious they were there not least because the front end was so light but i guess thats something i will get used to. Hard to say more until ive put some more serious milage on them.

Any questions?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Carbon zone 29er forks’ is closed to new replies.