Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Car Insurance cooling off period
  • D0NK

I know you get 14 days if I cancel after 10 days or so what’s the chance of getting 100% of the money back?

admin fees, 10days of insured driving etc…?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m no expert but probably sod all, bearing in mind you can buy the policy before it comes into effect (I just bought one a month in advance) then I could probably cancel that with no loss, but once you ahve started benefiting from the protection it would be somewhat wrong to try to get it all back.

D0NK

purchased last night, started today but I have an issue with it. Basically I’m paying too much, they say give us some time and we’ll sort you out with a refund but no one will say how much. I, reckon they will drag their feet and then offer me a paltry refund once cooling period is over.
    So dunno whether to cancel now or give them 10days ish to come up with a figure if not cancel then and start again.

Jgmoores
    Free Member

Cancel and ask them to rerun the quote with the discount? If it’s not enough walk away!

D0NK

Cancel and ask them to rerun the quote with the discount? If it’s not enough walk away!

That was my first thought hence the question, I reckon even 1 day in they’d knock cash off my refund.

coffeeking
    Free Member

They usually quote their refund policies when you buy, it’s something like 50% within the first 6 months, decreasing thereafter.

D0NK

Their refund % table starts from 15 days so I presume it’d be 100% but there is possibly a £50 admin charge. I’m guessing possibly=definitley
    also the fact it takes upto 14days to reach your account kind of puts me off cancel/renegotiate.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You had your chance to check prices before 😉

D0NK

yes I did I also had the opportunity to cancel before the policy started….oh no…actually I didn’t, you can sign up out of office hours but you can’t cancel out of office hours.
    ho hum

andyl
    Free Member

call em and say you have found cheaper and wish to cancel. They will normally match it rather than lose the business.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Car Insurance cooling off period’ is closed to new replies.