Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • car brake pads – bedding in period??
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ok, new brake pads on the car – so how long does it take for them to get bedded in?

any advice?

ta

Ben

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Not long at all. Just go easy on your journey home. Maybe a quick blast on the motorway.

You are slowing over 1t down from 70mph so it wont take long to get some heat going to bed them in. Just be aware on the first journey that they arent 100% efficient and allow for it

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

cool, cheers mate.

Danger
    Free Member

Just had mine replaced and they are only now feeling up to scratch after about a weeks worth of driving.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i’ll just take it steady for a while i think and hope no bloody cyclist ride out in front of me 😀

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Obviously if you only live a mile or so around the corner then they will need a bit of warming up. Thats why i suggested a quick blam on the mway. I got new discs and pads fitted recently and it took no more than the 6mls journey home to bed them in. Made sure it was fairly safe to do so and did some heavyish braking whilst coming off the slip road and coming up to junctions.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Check your manufacturers website. They all have bedding processes, not periods. Pads dont bed with normal use, unless your normal use matches the bedding process 😆 Beddign isnt just a process of matching the physical surface profile.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_bedinstock.shtml

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

it shouldnt make a difference…rag it?

uplink
    Free Member

Normal everyday car pads don’t need bedding in as such – they’ve been baked at manufacture to pretty much eliminate the causes of ‘green fade’

Performance pads need some bedding in

I wouldn’t – however – go steaming toward the first roundabout trying to hit short braking points

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘car brake pads – bedding in period??’ is closed to new replies.