Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Can you still get a 12 month mobile contract?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Or are they all 18 / 24 months? My phone never lasts that long. They just scrape past 12 months. So do any of the mobile companies still offer a year contract?

Jamie
    Free Member

Dunno. Give them a ring?

momo

I've not seen one for a couple of years at least, but thatr doesn't mean that you can't still get one, but I think that you'll be unlikely to get anything more than a low model phone for free.

Will also depend on how much you normally spend on a monthly basis, might be worth calling your service provider up and speaking to them, they might do a 12 month contract to retain your custom if you're a high value customer.

uplink
    Free Member
    TN
    Free Member

I know Vodafone do what looks like a really good value SIM only deal that's on a 30 day rolling contract – why not buy a SIM free phone and go for something like this instead? You can get some fairly decent basic phones for not a lot of money…

nickjb
    Free Member

If my phone didn't last 18 months it'd go straight back.

br
    Free Member

Buy s/h phones and use a SIM only deal.

On Vodafone I had 700 mins + free texts for £19pcm.

muggomagic

i'm sim only 30 day contract with 3 and for £15 I get 300 x-network mins, unlimited internet, unlimited texts and unlimited 3 to 3 calls. Pretty much all my family are on 3 so it's happy days. Got my iphone unlocked last week so I'm sorted.

In response to the OP, I'm pretty sure 3 were saying if I had an 18 month contract I could upgrade after 12 months. So you may find you are able to do that on other networks too.

damitamit
    Free Member

If you dont care what phone you have get this:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/610686/o2-12-month-sim-20-per-month-800-mi

I just got my sim today. Putting it in a 2nd hand iphone i got. Mucho cheapness 🙂

Kuco

O2 do a 12 sim only 600 minutes 1200 text and unlimited internet £20

timber

I get SIM only on rolling contracts and pick-up cheap phones or mates pre-upgrade phones, fine if you're not fussy about your phones, couldn't tell you the best deal as I have to go with who get signal, no point getting an amazing deal if you can never use it

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I phone up when my contract is up and ask for the pac number. This immediately gets you someone offering you great deals to stay. I'm now down to £5 a month for 250 mins and 250 texts. Don't suppose they'll go any lower than £5 so next time I'll ask for more mins or unlimited internet and a new phone as mine is about 4 years old now.

Mister-P
    Free Member

muggomagic – Member
    i'm sim only 30 day contract with 3 and for £15 I get 300 x-network mins, unlimited internet, unlimited texts and unlimited 3 to 3 calls. Pretty much all my family are on 3 so it's happy days. Got my iphone unlocked last week so I'm sorted

Ah now that is interesting as my housemate us selling an iPhone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Can you still get a 12 month mobile contract?’ is closed to new replies.