Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Can I have Him on My Side?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I wasn’t trying to prove you wrong and didn’t mean to create that impression, just making the point that there were two distinct incidents. I have no interest in making Charlie look good (god forbid),

What? into_de_void and I were in complete agreement here. Proving him wrong wouldn’t make him look good. Nor the converse.

Oxboy
    Free Member

The irony of a BNP voter coming out with that comment isn’t lost on me Oxboy. I’m sure life under your BNP government would be a barrel of laughs for the Nepalese guys.

Damn I’ve been rumbled I am indeed Nick Griffin and just for the record I only ride Whyte bikes!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Damn I’ve been rumbled I am indeed Nick Griffin…….

Who said anything about you being Nick Griffin ? You are however clearly a BNP voter and you have urged others on here to also vote BNP.

Just a couple of examples :

Oxboy – Member

The BNP got a councillor in about 5 miles away too.
    Not protest voting either, people are beginning to open their eyes, lets hope you lot wake up soon eh?!!! Before I have to say I told you so . . .

Oxboy – Member

The BNP and UKIP are the ONLY parties who actually, genuinely give a sh*t about the country.

So what would life be like for a Nepalese guy under your BNP government Oxboy ?

Or haven’t thought about that thorny little question ?

theotherjonv

OK, I thought your posts read like sarcasm. If they were genuine, sorry for that too. Your earlier efforts though…… very poor taste -> IMHO

TooTall
    Free Member

Only one Nepalese has received the VC since the end of WW2 ? ……. that doesn’t sound very encouraging

And not least because they have done a fair amount of fighting since then and are apparently noted for their exceptional bravery.

Tedious not-even-a-point of a posting there ernie.

The VC has been awarded 13 times since the end of WW2. The Australians have 4 of them. So, of the nine awarded, one was a Gurkha. Other awards are available and earned. If you are trying to make a point on the award of the VC and nationalities, you haven’t.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yes, aussies have 4 and of the remainder I think the Italians have 3 and the French 2, dunno about the others

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Tedious not-even-a-point of a posting there ernie.

Well there is of course a point – the point being that I wanted to post.

I expected Flashheart’s link to provide evidence of a multitude of VCs awarded to Gurkhas, it didn’t. I’m also surprised that only a total of 13 VCs have been awarded since the end of WW2 – more than that have been awarded in one single day, plus British troops have seen a lot of combat in the last 65 years.

I have to say there’s an awful lot of very precious bods on here…..someone posts a thread on a bike forum about some geezer getting a medal, someone else asks a valid question concerning what would be required to be awarded the VC, and I get stick for even daring to discuss the matter.

Someone actually told me to show “dignity” ….. maybe I should be standing up rather than sitting down whilst writing my posts, just to show solemn respect towards the guy who got the medal like… Some of you herberts are as touchy about certain subjects as religious fundamentalists. Yeah OK the geezer got a medal, but it ain’t a taboo subject – get a grip ffs.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Can I have Him on My Side?’ is closed to new replies.