Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Campag road levers with disc brakes
  • amplebrew

Hi,

Has anyone got any experience of running Campag road levers with disc calipers?

I’ve got a pair of 2012 Campag Chorus 11 speed levers and wonder if they’ll work with the likes of BB7’s

Any advice and thoughts would great.

mocha
    Free Member

Should work fine with the road version of BB7s – not the mtb version though.

clubber
    Free Member

I do, with BB7 roads. They’re spot on.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’ll find out this weekend hopefully as I’ve got a lot of bits hidden in the garage that should miraculously turn into a Campag equipped disk road bike by Sunday night….

amplebrew

That’s great.

Just need to try and find an appropriate rear hub now that’ll run a Campag cassette.

A quick search would suggest that DT 240’s might be the answer.

Thanks for the info guys.

martinb
    Free Member

I run campag 10 speed ergos with road BB7 or 5s. Also run a shimano rear hub with a campag spaced Ambrosio 10 speed cassette, such as

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/17/ambr317/ambrosio-10-speed-cassette.html

Only moved to 10 speed because of this. Not sure if anyone does a 11 speed version

clubber
    Free Member

Having also looked into that, I’d suggest an ambrosio or similar to open out your hub options.

slugwash
    Free Member

Running 9 speed Veloce Ergos with road BB5s. Better than calipers, especially for feathering the brakes on the long twisty downhills that feature on a lot of my road rides in hilly South Devon.

I did have to change the cable outers to Jagwires to improve the braking performance as the original braking was a bit spongy. But with the BB5s set up properly and the new cable outers they certainly do their stuff 🙂

Running Campag gears with a 9 speed Shimano cassette on a FSA 130mm spaced cyclocross wheel. Couldn’t find any affordable Campy compatable disc hubs. A JTEK Shiftmate provides the necessary cable pull adjustment so the Campag shifters/gears works with the Shimano casette.

HTH.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

JRA built me some wheels with Hope hubs (and swapped the standard Shimano freehub for the Campag freehub as a no cost option).

In terms of other hub options, it gets fairly expensive – DT 350 or 240 if feeling rich, or Chris King new ones.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Me too with 10 speed Ergos and BB7’s. 1 wheel is Shimano and a Campag spaced Ambrosio hub, t’other is a Record hub with Campag spaced Ambrosio hub. Can’t tell the difference. Actually the latter wheel isn’t on the disc bike.

clubber
    Free Member

Fwiw I’m using campag 10 speed levers with shimano everything else including a 9 speed cassette. The gear cable is fixed with the hubbub method which means it all works perfectly.

amplebrew

Hi,

Thanks for all the info, it’s really appreciated.

After having a sleep on it last night, I have decided to sell my Campag and go for Shimano to open up my hub options.

Thanks again,

Andy

clubber
    Free Member

I’d suggest that you look at SRAM too in that case.

amplebrew

Thanks, will do 8)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Campag road levers with disc brakes’ is closed to new replies.