Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • calling anyone with some knowledge of London….
  • niallmb
    Free Member

I have come to consult the collective wisdom of the STW Forum.

On Wednesday, I have to drive to London for the day. Earls court to be specific.

Earls court itself appear to want to bankrupt both me personally and my business in exchange for me leaving the car in their car park.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to park near earls court? I’ve previously done the whole park on the outskirts and get the tube in but TBH by the time I’ve paid the parking wherever I end up and then 2 return tube fares, I’m left feeling that there must be somewhere closer that could be done for the same cost.

Any local knowledge is much appreciated

GJP
    Free Member

One option might be don’t take the car and take the train? But it would help if we know where you are driving from?

SaxonRider

How much are they asking? I would expect to pay in the region of £30 (or a bit less) for the day.

molgrips
    Free Member

I usually drive down the M4 to the Hammersmith Roundabout, park in that multi-storey by the tube and go from there. Not far to EC I think.

I’m left feeling that there must be somewhere closer that could be done for the same cost.

What on earth gives you the impression that there’s any cheap parking in London? 🙂

niallmb
    Free Member

Sorry, yes some more details would help!!!!!!!

I’ll be driving 2 of us down from Leeds. Return train fares are just a bit ridiculous especially if we want to get there at a sensible time. Also we have to call in at a client’s rehearsal space on the way back up so train wont really work.

they’re asking 26.50 for the day. Maybe its just my Scottish blood thats making me think its a rip off

GJP
    Free Member

£26.50 peanuts. Have you seen how much the tube fares are without an Oyster Card 😆

Pook

business trip = business expense surely? charge the client.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

TBH by the time I’ve paid the parking wherever I end up and then 2 return tube fares, I’m left feeling that there must be somewhere closer that could be done for the same cost.

Expect to pay even more this time – our idiot mayor has just put tube fares up again. And yes, as always, it was above the rate of inflation.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

they’re asking 26.50 for the day. Maybe its just my Scottish blood thats making me think its a rip off

Don’t worry, it’ll be that much in Scotland before long..

I’d just pay it if theres two of you. 13.25 each? Lots of extra hassle for not much saving.

niallmb
    Free Member

OK, looks like its just me being tight!!!!

Pook – unfortunately, the cost of visiting clients is seen as a cost we as a business have to absorb for the sake of getting a fat cheque off the client at a later date. Also, the first part of the trip (the bit at earls court) is for an expo rather than a client meet (although we have got several meetings lined up)

Looks like I need to just MTFU and pay some London prices.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Looks like I need to just MTFU and pay some London prices

don’t forget this

food and drink is expensive in that london

senorj

Depends on how well you know London…
    Hammersmith flyover has problems causing congestion in the area,
    so consider coming off M1 – A406 west and picking the A40 into town.
    Pass White city & take the A3220 south(past Westfield shopping center).
    Should take you all the way to Earls Court via Olympia. Loads of (pricey)parking on way.
    I would leave it ’til after 7 to get out the same way!

The tube prices are a bit of a shocker with or without oyster,
    so tbh you may as well pay the parking.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘calling anyone with some knowledge of London….’ is closed to new replies.