• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by anc.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Calling 301 owners: Liteville bearings!
  • mansonsoul
    Free Member

So, I’ve just bought a Liteville 301, second hand. Swapping out the mounted 160mm rocker arms for 140mm ones, the needle bearings in one side of the top tube pivot fell out everywhere. The other side are completely rusty. Anyone know how I go about replacing these?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Someone surly, I know there’s a few of you on here…

accu
    Free Member

bike components in germany sells them, complete with new ti screws and washers…
    search for “syntace nadellager 301/601”
    but you should check from which year/MK your frame is,
    to be sure that it fits, they changed bearings and pivot diameter through the years

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Thanks Accu. It’s a Mk10. I saw those, I thought those were the needle bearings for the shock mounts, not the main pivot built into the top tube?

welshfarmer

Those are indeed the alternative needle bearings for the shock eyes. I did some searching for info on the German forums but didn’t find anything definitive. The only reference I got was telling someone to send the frame to Syntace to have them replaced! Not much help sorry.

welshfarmer
    mansonsoul
    Free Member

Thanks welshfarmer! At least it looks like they can be replaced… Above are the bearings that I need to change, image from that German forum. I’m really surprised theres not more info out there.

Mine look like this:

HansRey

OP, would you consider selling your 160mm plates? I’ve got a MK11 frame

anc
    Free Member

Hi bud. The exact same thing happened to the bearings on my MK10. I emailed Liteville to ask were I could buy them or if they would sell some direct. They sent me a updated set, bearings axle and bolts completely free of charge! They have modified it so it has a grease port in the bolt head to stop the corrosion issues. Worth a try before you buy out 😉

welshfarmer

That is nice to hear anc. There is a real long thread on the Germasn forum about this rusty bearing issue

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/nadellager-rostsuppe.612400/

Can probably use Google translate to get an idea of the gist of the topic

mansonsoul
    Free Member

anc, that’s great news, cheers. I’ve emailed them now. How did you drift the bearings out?

Hanrey, I’d be happy to sell them, email is in my profile.

anc
    Free Member

They drift straight through, there’s no shoulder to press the bearing onto. Pretty simple once you know that.. I didn’t first attempt, tried to remove from the blind side thinking there’d be a shoulder..grrr :)) See the red frame above. Just make a note of where the old bearing sat and press the new ones in, nice and gently so as not to press too far.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Calling 301 owners: Liteville bearings!’ is closed to new replies.