Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • buying a new dishwasher any recommendations??
  • valleydaddy
    Free Member

Our aged Bosch dishwasher has gone beyond economic repair so can anyone recommend a new one to me???

(after a full size one in silver)

not sure if I want to spend as much again on another Bosch one although it has been ok other brands seem a £100+ cheaper.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I usually have a quick read through whatever these guys suggest before I buy appliances

UK Whitegoods

I was going to get the second Bosch one they recommend but JL were out of stock, so I’ve got the next one up.

Due today though so can’t tell you if it’s any good.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Based on my personal experience:

Avoid SMEG
    Can recommend Siemens

Taff
    Free Member

Got a Beko one. Quite impressed with it for the money

rkk01
    Free Member

Avoid SMEG

Agreed – smeg in the dishwasher is just gross
    On a serious note, our Smeg dishwasher is on its last legs – currently takes best part of 2-3 days to do a wash. Keeps “stalling” at various parts of the programme. Had it repaired once (about 3-4 yeasr ago) but wont bother again.

[Listens in intently to what the STW collective suggest]

20thebear
    Free Member

Miele if you can afford it.

Whirlpool or Bosch if you can’t.

According to Which? anyway

rkk01
    Free Member

Don’t the Beko ones have a separate drying programme?

rkk01
    Free Member

Sorry, my mistake…

… that’s the Beko fridges, isnt it?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well my Bosch one has arrived, and since the cold water hose is only about 2 feet long it can’t be plumbed in

😡

valleydaddy
    Free Member

cheers for the replies guys 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Ask if it beeps constantly at the end of the cycle with sufficient volume that you have to get out of bed, turn off the burgler alarm, go down stairs and TURN THE ****ER OFF.

Our’s (Eine Bosch) does.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Buy a pair of marigolds and spend the difference on bike stuff?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

As per the Arachnid ^^. Vile thing…

Stoner
    Free Member

Ask if it beeps constantly at the end of the cycle with sufficient volume that you have to get out of bed, turn off the burgler alarm, go down stairs and TURN THE ****ER OFF.

Page 17 of the user manual for my bosch tells you how to change the volume for the end of programme alarm to low, mid, high or off.

RTFM blokey! 😉

Harry_the_Spider

RTFM blokey!

It was in the house when we bought it. We have no FM to R.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Guilty as charged M’Lud.

Need a Female to read the manual. I can’t bring myself do do it.

Harry_the_Spider

Get a female to RTFM and post instructions on here before I O my DW WASOB.

andyl
    Free Member

Bosch with John Lewis price match (I assume they still give 5yr warranty?)

Bunnyhop

Miele. Expensive but worth it.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

anyone got one of these

good deal at Dixons

http://www.elec4less.me.uk/product/view/5476/Bosch-SMS40A08GB.html

keppoch

Second hand AEG, £40 mint condition. Five years on.

Seriously take a look secondhand. People go for a integrated one with a new kitchen and there are bargains to be had.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I got an ex-display Siemens (giggle) from Ebay for less than the repair cost of the Smeg (giggle again) I had before.

I then sold the Smeg (snigger) on Ebay for spares and almost recouped the money spent on the Siemens (snort).

A faff but for an overall net cost of around £20 it was worth it.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Miele

winston_dog
    Free Member

Miele.

I got mine s/h off ebay for £70.

Had it 3 yrs now no problems – weighs ton though!

I had a Bosch before that which I could lift on my known – the Miele is almost like a washing machine.

prettygreenparrot

Miele. Bought one in 1994. Still works perfectly. Nice and quiet. Miele is a nice, German, family firm.

Bosch & Siemens are exactly the same machines with different badges aren’t they?

Harry_the_Spider

Bosch and NEF are the same certainly.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

problem is has to be silver and a Miele in silver is nearly £1000 and I’m not paying that I am afraid, my Bosch lasted 10 years.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We have been replacing all our white goods with Miele as and when they break. MrsWCA used to get through a vacuum cleaner every 2 years and a washing machine might last 3-4.

i think the vacuum is 6 years old and the washing machine 5. Tumble dryer does have an annoying beep, i have finished function but I might RTFM to see if we can turn it down/off.

GJP
    Free Member

Siemens would also get my vote. They seem to have found the balance between price and quality. Miele are overengineered IMO, nothing wrong with that per se but not at twice the price.

Avoid Gaggenau IMO, looks the DBs but not worth the money based on my friend’s experiences, certainly a case of style over substance.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

agree with GJP on Miele prices – shocking but the quality is Me proof so has to be worth it in the long run. it is not like you will decide to do without a washing machine in 5 years time or they will significantly change what they do.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Cant RTFM as i can’t FTFM.

Might have to look online for it Harry.

uphillcursing
    Free Member
    Harry_the_Spider

LDFW

rob2
    Free Member

Miele – had ours five years never missed a beat. Expensive but worth it

Or… Go second hand and get an indutrial or catering one. Shorter cycles, built to last etc. We have one in our cafe.

rkk01
    Free Member

On reflection, I think our dishwasher started acting up about the same time as I ran a bunch of chainrings and cassettes through the hot cycle with a bottle of “dishwasher cleaner” 😆

Do Miele, Bosch, Siemens et al have the STW seal of approval for cycle components?

Harry_the_Spider

Miele – had ours five years never missed a beat.

Neither has our Bosch. Do any dishwashers pack up in the first 5 years?

thegreatape
    Free Member

The one we’ve just replaced was a Candy, which I am led to believe are not a great make, and the most basic one at that. It’s knackered now but that’s after 8 years.

grum
    Free Member

I had to get a repair guy out for our Bosch, but because it wasn’t installed very well. He reckoned Bosch were a good make and usually carry on working for a long time.

Bunnyhop

Do Miele, Bosch, Siemens et al have the STW seal of approval for cycle components?

😆
    However you can cook a whole salmon in one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘buying a new dishwasher any recommendations??’ is closed to new replies.