Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Burn your fingers on this one….
  • jedi

i saw stolen nicolai on here i think

10pmix
    Free Member

Ah yeah, been posted once. Will leave it up to increase chances of someone getting their bike back..

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Hi Guys – I’ve spoken to the local dealer who whould have provided this and they are confident that they know who’s bike it will be, and are checking with the owner and if anything is dodgy they will deal with the local police etc.

So, keep it discreet if we can please.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Can’t believe how blatant that is.

lowey

Lovely bike though. Can you imagine having that nicked ?? Gutted would not be the word.

jedi

lets get this thread taken down then if they are on it.

mods??

nsdog
    Free Member

What exactly marks this out as being stolen? What exactly is blatant about it?
    I dunno if this isn’t a bit hasty, I know lots of genuine riders who make good money, who cannot string a coherent sentence together. Just because someone does not fit the STW stereotype of a typical reasonably edumacted fat middle aged IT manager does not mean he cannot afford to own and sell a nice bike.

Whilst spotting nicked bikes is admirable, imagine if it was genuine, if it was me I’d be after the OP’s head..

Ambrose

I’ve just sent the link to a friend who lost his Nic. Fingers crossed…

legend
    Free Member

What exactly marks this out as being stolen?

erm……seriously?

“Nicolai Down Hill Freeride Bike”

“Hi this is a top ov the range bike no expense spared when I had it built “

and he doesn’t even know what model it is

nsdog
    Free Member

Maybe he cannot be arsed to post what model it is. I think you are all just projecting your own prejudices in a big way.

theflatboy
    Free Member

nice bike that.

theflatboy
    Free Member

nsdog – Member
    Maybe he cannot be arsed to post what model it is. I think you are all just projecting your own prejudices in a big way.

are you serious? my wife even knows the makes and models of my bikes, i go on about them so much. 😆

there’s no way you’d spec a bike like that and then expect to sell it on ebay without at least mentioning the model and some of the spec.

alpin
    Free Member

jedi +1

nsdog
    Free Member

are you serious? my wife even knows the makes and models of my bikes, i go on about them so much.

there’s no way you’d spec a bike like that and then expect to sell it on ebay without at least mentioning the model and some of the spec.

My wife has no idea about my bikes and just because you would do something a certain way does not mean someone else would.
    One of my mates has a 3k freeride bike and I keep having to remind him what model it is and he relies on me to order parts etc, I specced the bike for him as he hasn’t got a clue. I imagine if he tried to sell his bike without me his ad would look like this. In fact this thread just proves that STW is peopled with a bunch of kneejerk intellectual snobs.

It may well be knicked, but then it might not.

theflatboy
    Free Member

you want to put a bet on it?

timmys

One of my mates has a 3k freeride bike and I keep having to remind him what model it is and he relies on me to order parts etc, I specced the bike for him as he hasn’t got a clue. I imagine if he tried to sell his bike without me his ad would look like this. In fact this thread just proves that STW is peopled with a bunch of kneejerk intellectual snobs.

Oh come on. Are you telling me he wouldn’t get you to help him write an advert then? Even if he didn’t, and didn’t know a thing about the model I can’t see him not putting any details at all such as the size or what kind of condition it’s in.

nsdog
    Free Member

No. I just think yours and others attitude on here smells a bit. If the cops thought like this no end of civil liberties types would go bonkers.

Oh come on. Are you telling me he wouldn’t get you to help him write an advert then? Even if he didn’t know a thing about the model I can’t see him not putting any details at all such as the size or what kind of condition it’s in. You don’t need to know everything about a bike to appear genuine.

Maybe we fell out.

Again just because you think and do things in a certain way does not mean that others who do not are instantly thieves. In fact it reveals your own lack of intelligence, empathy and open mindedness.

chakaping
    Free Member

Didn’t we have a similar thread about a year ago with a Nicolai hardtail listing that turned out to be legit?

Agree though, this does look well dodge and this thread should be removed if people are on the case already.

mrjmt
    Free Member

The sticker on the chainstay says its from moonglu, LBS in Ripon. They will most likely remember the person who bought it, I assume thats the dealer whoever contacted?
    Also, if it is pinched you’ve not got far to go to get it back!

theflatboy
    Free Member

nsdog – Member
    I just think yours and others attitude on here smells a bit. Just because you think and do things in a certain way does not mean that others who do not are instantly thieves. In fact it reveals your own lack of intelligence, empathy and open mindedness.

But just because a few people on here have noticed a clearly dodgy ad and are flagging it up in case it helps someone out doesn’t make us all kneejerk intellectual snobs. 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Burn your fingers on this one….’ is closed to new replies.