Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Burglar alarm engineers?? lost code for house alarm, help!
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

The house i live in has a burglar alarm, for the six months I’ve been here it’s beem switched off at distribution board. When the fuse is switched it goes into an immediate alarm and asks me to enter code…. which the previous occupiers didn’t know.

The power supply/control box has ‘accent G4’ on it. Is it possible to reset it and enter new code??

ta muchly

Cougar

I don’t have an answer, but it’s “Accenta”, not Accent. Might help your enquiries.

kevj
    Free Member

I was once told ‘1515’ is a standard engineers code by an installer.

It hasn’t ever worked for any other alarm I’ve tried it on but it’s worth a try.

Cougar

Only thing I’ve found online so far is this discussion.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-building-diy/1553600-house-alarm-accenta.html

May give you a few leads, I didn’t read it in depth.

I was once told ‘1515’ is a standard engineers code by an installer.

2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 etc.

flatfish
    Free Member

1515 belongs to the installer.
    Depends who installed it as to what code it is.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

hmmm may have a try, the street would appreciate that at half ten at night 8)

davidjones15
    Free Member

My PIN number is 6943, you could try that.

footflaps

Is it possible to reset it and enter new code??

Almost certainly, but I suspect you’ll have to pay someone from the Alarm company / an agent to come and do it for you. Personally, if I owned the place, I’d swap out the controller for a new one and keep the sensor infrastructure / wiring.

EDIT: If it’s been disconnected for long enough the battery in the alarm unit will be flat, so you can disconnect that (which would normally cause it to go off, but with a flat battery it can’t). Then put the fuse back in and try random combinations to your hearts content…

geordiemick00
    Free Member

UPDATE! Finally got around to doing this….

Found installation manual on internet for my alarm panel. Switched it back on, put in default code and it reset it! It then wouldn’t set because of a fault on front door, the contacts were too far apart, re-aligned them, changed the codes, some parameters and alarm works a treat.

Incidentally, I called a local alarm company and told them and they wanted £150 to come out and replace the panel and control unit 🙄

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Burglar alarm engineers?? lost code for house alarm, help!’ is closed to new replies.