Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Brodie Ti Holeshot 650b?
  • si-wilson
    Free Member

Brodie have asked if i would be interested in a 650b version of the Brodie Ti Holeshot, and no longer doing a 26er.

I don’t know much about this 650b thing, is it what people want, a hardcore 650b wheeled ti hardtail, really?

Gotama
    Free Member

Be more popular right now if they made it 29er with short stays….bit like that new Titus. All depends on time taken from concept to production i guess. Would need some seatpost jiggerypokery too but prob easy for a bike designer.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I myself prefer a 26″ I never bought into this 29″ lark. 650b well again I’m using the “if it ain’t broke” approach also.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yes, but couldn’t afford it, and TBH I’d probably be drawn to the titus 29er if it says <£800. If there was a 650b alternative arround the same price I’d certainly demo it and jusge them on their merits, but at the moment my gut instinct is 29ers are all round better.

qwerty
    Free Member

I think that kinda bike would really be suited to a 69er, best benefits of both worlds, but probably as niche as a gay transexual.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think that kinda bike would really be suited to a 69er, best benefits of both worlds, but probably as niche as a gay transexual.

Which way round? Big rear to help it keep up with the front, but a small front which doesn’t roll over rocks so well, or a big front which rolls over everything, and short chainstays, but without the better grip/lower resistance of big wheels?

qwerty
    Free Member

Which way round? Big rear to help it keep up with the front, but a small front

You can take it any way you want to big boy !!!!

Personally i find its gotta be tight in the rear and big up front 😈

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Hi si, I had a haro beasley 650b ss for a few years. It was a nice bike, not as nimble as a 26 er. Spares and tyres were an issue at the time. Not sure if 650b will catch on. If I was looking at another 650b bike, I would want a frame that could run both 26 and 650b. It’s all down to choice I guess. I’ve always liked the Brodie holeshot. Nice looking frame.

Steve.

messiah
    Free Member

In my dreams yes I’d love one thank you very much. Who wouldn’t want a magic metal hardtail that accellerates and handles as well in the tight stuff as a 26er and yet roles over big rocks and stuff like a 29er… it’s the “Holy Grail” I tells thee 8) 8)

Shame I’d have to pay for it which means it won’t happen. 👿

Whoops. The 650b marketing got me.

qwerty
    Free Member

Spooky

si-wilson
    Free Member

Looks like the 650b thing is gathering pace with Brodie.

The last three 26er Ti Holeshots in existence are on the way here to the UK, then that’s it, next stop 650b Ti HT.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Brodie Ti Holeshot 650b?’ is closed to new replies.