Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bristol mountain bike groups/clubs
  • richc
    Free Member

as I’ve had a bit of a change in circumstances with regard to riding and am finding less friends who are into riding. I was thinking of joining (or at least checking out) a mountain bike club in Bristol.

So I was wondering which one do people recommend?

Moses

Cheesyriders?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Look for the Cheesy Riders
    I worked down there for a couple of years and they made me very welcome. Top bunch.
    🙂

http://thecheesyriders.com/

richc
    Free Member

cool just looked at their website. Might try and meet up with them at Leigh woods tonight then, as I think I know where the mean when they say North road entrance.

Anyone know how fast paced are the rides are? as I will be on a SS so pootle rather than race around.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The ‘cheesy rides’ are slow. Mark (usual leader) describes the pace as ‘glacial’ or ‘continental drift’
    It’s a fun ride, no-one gets left behind, and they usually finish at the pub.
    Do it.
    😀

richc
    Free Member

cool.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Rich, we have riders of all levels but the Monday night ride always has the classic “Cheesy Ride’ which as Peter says, is spectacularly glacial in pace!

Quite often we run two or three different rides from the same place depending on who turns up and how fast they want to go…

I’m resting up this week for the Clic24 so I’ll be doing the cheesy ride instead of leading a quicker one like I normally do. Look out for white helmet and a Gold Orange Five attached to a rider talking too much. 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I do miss my Monday Cheesy Ride….
    🙁

richc
    Free Member

cool, not 100% if I can make it tonight as I am knackered, but will aim too. Do you meet at the tea hut or Leigh woods? and where do you normally ride?

GaryLake
    Free Member

And don’t worry about being tired!! It’s a ride not a race!

ransos
    Free Member

Hi Gary – I’ll see you tonight for a gentle pre-clic24 spin. Just to echo the other comments – no-one gets left behind on cheesy rides. If you want to go faster there’s often a separate group going from the same starting point.

clubber
    Free Member

Cheesy rides are so slow, you often start them after the finish 😉

Brilliant fun though and a nice groups of people.

GaryLake
    Free Member

clubber, have you lot got any going down for the Clic24 this weekend?

See you there then Steve!

clubber
    Free Member

We have our Single Speed Superstars team racing and I think a couple of soloists. I’ll probably try and visit via a road ride on Sunday.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

We have our Single Speed Superstars team racing and I think a couple of soloists. I’ll probably try and visit via a road ride on Sunday.

What about Fraser and co?

clubber
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member

What about Fraser and co?

Think that Frase is racing solo.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I Fraser couldn’t find another bod to make a 4 man, so he is going ‘solo’.

I’ll be up there from Friday afternoon.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Cool, see you guys around then! (we’re also going along Friday to pitch up… )

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Wow 3 of us soloing!

clubber
    Free Member

You could almost have put a team together 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bristol mountain bike groups/clubs’ is closed to new replies.