Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bristol Bike Jumble AUGUST 1st.
  • Agency_Scum
    Free Member

Let's do this in the 80s style of Jim Bowen.

Let's 'ave a look at what you could've won…

Please click on pictures to make them big.

I've been ( dis ) organising this 3 years now and I always dread the words " Ooh I've got loads but I couldn't be bothered bringing it today. "

AAGGHH!!!

It's FREE!! I've got spare tables for you, there's a MONSTER Pay and Display right next to it so parking's dead easy and it's a great laugh! If you're shy don't worry I'll give you a hand and you're bound to bag a bargain or two yourself….

GO ON, GO ON, GO ON, GO ON, GO ON!!

If you're knackered after you can chill with a coffee or a beer in the very lovely MUD DOCK CYCLEWORKS AND CAFE who let us host it.

First Saturday of the month ( this one's August 1st ) at midday. Hope to see you there!

racefaceec90

muddocks i love that shop.but too unfit to cycle there at the moment (i live in devizes),worried about being mugged on cyclepath between bath-bristol,(i'm a lover not a fighter!!!)am not trying to say bristol is crime city,just that points west have done a few reports on muggings on the cycleway!!!

pjt201
    Free Member

erm, isn't it the harbour festival that weekend and in the past they've set up a massive fair in that car park, not sure how much room there'll be for the bike jumble?

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

Oh phukk! I'll text Jerry in Verbier. Watch this space.

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

@racefaceec90,
    the police blitzed that area last year, arrestwed the chavs who did it and, with the help of the council ( and me pointing out the best places to hide ), cut out COMPLETELY all the mugging-friendly undergrowth. Go have a look ( it's the section down by Lawrence Hill ), it's lovely!
    Also, the spate of attacks was happening around a long, hot bank holiday weekend ( ripe for bored chavs; say the local coppers ). The attacks themselves were happening at a narrowing bottleneck where cyclists often go warp factor 5 past VERY thick undergrowth with hollows to hide in ( now all gone ). The chavs ( now all on probation, all on the local nick's " sh1t list " and all VERY well behaved ) were getting big sticks and hitting the bikers off.
    All fixed now.

MrAgreeable

racefaceec90, I was a victim of an attempted mugging there last year. It was an utterly pathetic attempt, and as AS says there was a big crackdown and there's been virtually no trouble since.

nickc

Given the amount of bikes that get nicked in Bristol, is this where it all ends up?

JOKE…

milkherd
    Free Member

Given the amount of bikes that get nicked in Bristol, is this where it all ends up?

Yer maTe! GOt sum liquId brakes if u wAnt!

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

Just checked with Jerry and the Jumble's STILL ON!!!

racefaceec90

glad to hear that it's safe now!!!i did love the cycleway,especially that huge tunnel you go through,just before bristol city centre(it's like a film set!!!)would like to visit the jumble sale,but very unfit at moment!!!

MrAgreeable

Get on the Kennet and Avon canal path, then pick the railway path up at Bath. It's a lovely ride (most of the way), and you don't need to be fit at all, but you will need good reflexes to dodge all the pissed up booze cruisers. 😉

racefaceec90

will definitely be riding the route again!!!just not fit enough (yet)to cycle 80+ miles 😀

MrAgreeable

That's a bit further than I thought! Train back?

racefaceec90

ah never thought of that!!!will enquire about how easy it is to put a bike on the train,thanks!!! 😀

Steelfreak
    Free Member

See you all at the jumble, then?

JoeNation
    Free Member

Dang, I just looked that shop up on Google Maps, and I parked about 75 yards away from it last time I was in Brizzle and never knew it was there. I'll have to convince t'other half to come home from Scotland a day early so we (I) can go.

zaskarrider
    Free Member

this looks fantastic.. and just what i need as i am currently wanting to put together a fixie for commuting around but want to do it on the cheep… sadly i will be away at newquay on the 1st…
    does anyone know of some thing like this in the York area ???

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

There's a coincidence, we get lots of sellers from the " Fixed Bristol " club.

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

I've checked with the Council and thanks to THE **** HARBOUR FESTIVAL the Pay+Display is closed so you'll have trouble parking. The Jumble is still on though!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bike Jumble AUGUST 1st.’ is closed to new replies.