Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bluetooth speakers
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Took a mooch into curry’s before. I am looking for a new speaker as my current dock is iphone only. Tried a Bluetooth adapter and thought it was garbage.
    Anyway tried out a few. Was most underwhelmed by the bose systems. The jbl on beat venue was awesome and the iwantit was rather good too.
    Any others I should check out??

CountZero

There’s a Harmon Kardon speaker that O2 are selling for around £100 at the mo’ that seems to be pretty good. Not sure of the model, but it’s a fairly large black circular jobbie.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Oooh may check that out
    Cheers

pirahna
    Free Member

I’ve got a Jawbone Big Jambox, it’s a decent portable speaker.

unovolo
    Free Member

Tried a Marshall one in Selfridges at the weekend ,bear in mind it was a penny shy of £300 and size of a small amp, the complete lack of any Ooopmh was seriously disappointing.

Tried a few others which were all similarly disappointing.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Bose Soundlink Mini. Amazing sound!

stoffel
    Free Member

Unless you’re after ‘quality’ sound, the Jambox is excellent. Amazingly good considering it’s small size. I bought a JBL Flip recently from PC World for about £30 (because it had a ‘damaged’ box; everything inside was still sealed), I think they had them for £45. Blood brilliant fo the money. Those two are the best mini speakers. I use the Flip mounted on the handlebars in a modified bottlecage contraption. On-bike entertainment! 😀

monkeychild
    Free Member

Bose Soundlink Mini. Amazing disappointing sound!.

I thought it was crap. Looked nice and sounded weak.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Monkeychild,

Maybe a duff one as mine sounds great; not comparable to my separates but certainly fill my rooms when I go away on work trips. Although I’ve got a bluetooth adaptor for the separates which gives it’s some nice options.

Enjoy your search!

Slogo
    Free Member

This is asked about 3 times a week on single track!

UE boom

Bose

Or some cheap £30 one off amazon is the usual answer

stoffel
    Free Member

Don’t get suckered in to buying overpriced ‘airpilay’ speakers; they are universaly very poor value for money. The B+W ones are ok but expensive, but unless you really want portability, you’re better off getting an Airport Express and a cheap DAC, amp and speakers. You”l have much better sound for he same moeny.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Aldi do a half decent rugged BT speaker for £20, if still in stock. Nowhere near the quality of the Bose but great for outdoor use/taking travelling.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

If you’re after a portable one then my mate has a JBL one – the cylindrical one. Usually circa £100, but just seen them in Costco for £75, which I think i’ll jump on. Portable speakers are always massively compromised sound wise – always sounds like a great chunk of the sound is missing, none are brilliant, but this one is passable.

kongman28
    Free Member

I’ve got a few, but the Bose mini sound dock is by far the best. In the middle of the room (I should imagine like it’d be in Currys) it’s no where near as good as on something made of wood next to the wall. That makes a huge difference to any speaker.

Ewan
    Free Member

I have a kitsound hive – excellent for 35 quid.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Bought the Harmon Kardon speaker from O2 by eck it’s good!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth speakers’ is closed to new replies.