Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Blockbusters is to return to our screens – who should host?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

The 80s/90s class quiz show that was Blockbusters is being remade and will be on our screens later this year. The host has not been announced but filming begins early Feb. Who would make a fitting and respectful replacement for the late, great Bob Holness?

I would propose Bob Mortimer – he’s intelligent, witty and would enable the famous “I’ll have a P please Bob” to live on.

The new series will have adult contestants rather than the sixth formers of the original.

joao3v16
    Free Member

More importantly, will the contestants still bring their stuffed-toy lucky mascots and gonks?

enfht
    Free Member

Mr C from the Shamen?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ.

Oh go on, it would be a hoot! 😉

jota180
    Free Member

Bob Carolgees and Spit

donsimon
    Free Member

Horatio Caine, or as he’s known to his mates Horatio “Bobby the Bobster” Caine.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Old re-runs are on some dodgy chanell at the minute..

Found myself watching and laughing at it last night…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Gary Glitter or Noddy Holder dressed in their full 70’s glam gear

jon1973
    Free Member

Old re-runs are on some dodgy chanell at the minute..

Yes, I caught one on TV last night. I forgot they all used to snigger when some one asked for a ‘P’. Brings back memories. Can’t see the point of remaking it though, just shows lack of imagination and won’t work they way it did back then.

Reluctant
    Free Member

The re-runs are on “Challenge”. It also shows old episodes of “Bullseye” – it’s great TV to veg out to – checkin’ the eighties fashion and haircuts and moustaches. And the prizes from the Argos catalog………… 😆

Nick

I’ll do it if no one else will.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’ll have a ‘P’ please Nick. Snigger.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I would love to do it.

Apparently Bob H used to take the contestants out for dinner and have a right nice friendly chat with them. I always thought he was a bit of a tee – a bit short with them. Now I see he was calling in some respect and being dry and father-like.

philconsequence
    Free Member

wolf from gladiators

headfirst
    Free Member

Antoine de Caunes (ex-Eurotrash)

Drac

I reckon Simon Mayo.

yunki
    Free Member

Frank Skinner

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Dunno who should host, but maybe Rachel Riley should manually operate the big screen mounted about 6ft high?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Good call DV!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Blockbusters is to return to our screens – who should host?’ is closed to new replies.