Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • safari crashing on iPad
  • nickhart
    Free Member

Why oh why does it do it? Especially on midweek movies, press play and the screen goes black and returns to the home screen.
    It’s like the bloody thing can’t be bothered to play the video! It does it with non video content too, is there something I’m doing wrong or is it an apple foible just sent to test me?
    Cheers for any sensible/or otherwise responses

P20

Mine does that every now and then. iPad 1 if that makes any difference

RS4KEV

Mine’s been doing same since IOS5 install. Thread on Apple forum suggests backup and restore to clear it, not got round to testing that one.

nickhart
    Free Member

Cheers, back up and restore, harrumph!
    P20 iPad 1 here too.
    Cheers
    Nick

ask1974
    Free Member

Same here. iPad 1 as well.

P20

Did anyone get to the bottom of this? I backed it up, reinstalled and it’s stilling crashing. Midweek mini movies is a non starter

bellys
    Free Member

No both mine and the wife’s do it hers is pad 1 and mine is the pad 2 both running IOS5 it’s a pain in the arse some times.

wingnuts

Just this issue with my iMac. As it was happening before and after I’d had a new hard drive fitted I went back to the Apple support and they suggested completely resetting the wifi connections. Restarting the router, deleting the wifi settings on the device and then starting again. Its working a treat now. They also said that it could be machine specific. My iPads were working fine.

P20

Mine is doing it with different routers or 3G

jam-bo

Works alright here. iPad 2 wifi with iOS 5.0.1

leffeboy

Mine does it as well so just gave up and started using opera instead

P20

Opera doesn’t want to load the Vimeo clips

P20

Downloading ios5.1….fingers crossed

iain1775
    Free Member

I’ve had this for a few weeks on my ios5 iPhone 4 done all the above resetting router, restoring phone made no difference I do also have issues with wifi dropping out but this hasn’t happened since my last reset, all very frustrating seems to be one or the other completely at random
    Only seems to be on mid week movies Or stw front page links any other Vimeo or you tube links (facebook, pinkbike MTb cut etc) work fine
    (Vimeo doesn’t work on opera, you need to download the Vimeo app)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘safari crashing on iPad’ is closed to new replies.