Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Black Mountain Loop Pics
  • Alex

Inspired by that fab set from the Lakes… classic loop from Pen-Y-Genfford over Y Das, down to the Grwyne Fawr Res, up through Myndd Du forest (getting lost as usual), fantastic descent into Llanbedr and then the lovely climb back to Rhiw Trimau which I cleaned for the first time!

Black Mountains Loop – April 2011 by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Proper day out that 🙂

hoochylala
    Free Member

I’m jealous. Thank look fantastic 🙂 I can’t wait to be able to get out again – stuck indoors all day for last 2+ weeks is not going me an favours!

Alex

I was off first two weeks in April after crashing on a night ride and ending up in Hereford A&E having my elbow stitched, so I know how frustrating that is! Managed 6 rides in 9 days while I’ve been off, nearly went today but thought I’d better do some parenting!

Stoner
    Free Member

nice one Al.
    Was driving through Bwlch this morning thinking of those trails. Just been up wild camping with the family at Llyn Brianne and walked the Doethie with Jrs 1 & 2. Great day for it yesterday but a hell of a blow on.

Vortexracing

Looks superb, nice a green in wales, just like the lakes. Weather looks spot on.

What a great Island we live on 😆

Alex

Yeah same route we did Mark three years ago (!) when you thought rigid forks were a good idea 😉

We may not always be blessed with the greatest weather in this country, but when it’s like this, it’s hard not to feel a bit spoiled 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s on my tick list. I’ll get around to it some day. Thanks for sharing.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Did a pretty similar route (actually the black route from the MtbBreconBeacons map pack) on Wednesday.

Stunning day out – although not being local we probably missed some nearby singletrack gems compared to your loop.

Can’t wait to go back – maybe we’ll clear the bridleway up Y Das from Rhos Fach next time :-p

nickegg
    Free Member

Thats a fun loop…did it solo just a few weeks ago. There was still ice in the shady parts of the climb up Y-Das. It looks lovely and dry now too!

Alex

Dry as I’ve ever seen it. Last two times were in July and August a couple of years ago and it was nowhere near as dry. Definitely a route everyone who fancies a day out with big views and fast descents (and some long old climbs) should have a crack at.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’ve done that route a couple of times now, it’s a great proper day in the mountains.

davidwazz
    Free Member

Awesome trails – I did the loop and other trails a few days ago and had a lot of fun (partly down to dusty trails)…I also go a great video of some of the descending, which I will upload later.

In the meantime here are a couple of my snaps.

http://blog.beardedman.co.uk/?p=284
    http://blog.beardedman.co.uk/?p=302

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The fast, bouldery descents look really interesting – I think I’d be wearing my knee pads for those.

singlespeedstu

Nice pics.

I’ll be getting out round that way again soon.

A video of the Rhiw Trumau descent from last time i was up there.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-sct19w7-A[/video]

davidwazz
    Free Member

BL – The contrast in riding terrain is amazing – literally metres apart you ride on completely different surface (grass to rocks is the most interesting imo).

davidwazz
    Free Member

SSStu – can I link your vid to my blog please? Great bit of descending and good view of route.

singlespeedstu

No problem.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Black Mountain Loop Pics’ is closed to new replies.