Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Bit disappointed with my DX Jawbones
  • althepal

Got a pair a coupla weeks ago, will compare with my new ones when they arrive!

Saccades
    Free Member

I think they look awful, but if anyone has a snapped lense I’m willing to run them through the UV at work and give you a definitive answer on the UV protection levels.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I know a few of you have tried to fit the proper lenses to these, with mixed success. I think someone mentioned previously that a bit of filing sorts out the compatability issue, but before I sabotage my lenses, can someone confirm what the best way of approaching it is.

I’m assuming a very fine file and lots of patience, but given the tollerance is so small would I be better attacking with sandpaper..

Lifer
    Free Member

Got mine today, all straight and true, will be giving them a test tomorrow 😀

mrflaky
    Free Member

still waiting for mine here, currently at 16 days so far

mangoridebike

Still waiting for mine here too, posted last week so hope to see them soon

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Mine arrived a few days ago and look identical to psychobikers. Iridium lenses aren’t too great due to not being even across the lens, but the other two seem ok. Black lenses not vented either.

Certainly make good biking glasses.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I got some Eye-Patch’s and some Oil Rigs for less than £6. The Eye-patch looks really good and I like them a lot however they feel cheap, the plastic doesn’t feel as rigid as genuine Oakleys but I don’t really care. The Oil Rigs arn’t such good quality. There are a few bits of flashing that hasn’t been cleared off the frames and frankly the original design isn’t as good as the Eye-patch. Maybe they would look better in black rather than the white I have them in.

Overall I am pretty happy with them and may well get some more for when these fail on me.

instanthit
    Free Member

Still waiting for mine from 5th May order, although mate got his last week and ordered after me. Might have to order another pair to “cover” the first ones not arriving.

simonm
    Free Member

Got mine last week.. Split Jackets – they are white and black. One O is missing on one side.
    I have a proper Oakley pair with presciption lenses. On one side the lenses fit perfectly, on the right eye the frame will not close properly.
    Strangly they appear to fog up more than my proper Oakleys.

There OK.. but gutted they dont fit my Oakly prescription lenses properly.

grum
    Free Member

I got my Jawbones – been out biking with them a few times now and I’m really impressed with them. I may look like a tool but they fit well and don’t steam up too badly with the vented lenses.

Got some of these too which aren’t bad for 3 quid or so – http://dx.com/p/uv400-protection-mercury-lens-sports-sunglasses-goggle-48028

Got some others which were 15 dollars – one-piece lens, radar copies maybe? They seem to have gone off the website anyway – not as impressed with them.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi

I have now got three sets of the Jawbones in various colours. One pair is from DX and the other two are from China based eBay sellers. I can confirm there are definately two models of Fakley Jawbone that are slightly different in size.

My DX ones and a pair of the ebay ones have very slightly smaller lenses. The other set from eBay have the slightly larger lense. Also the jaws are not interchangable between the two different models. Visually you can’t see the difference however. The only slight difference is the smaller lens have a stamped model number on the inside of the left leg 04-211 62 18 or simiar.

I think the smaller lens models won’t take a genuine lense without some filing of the lense going by some of the previous posts. Will ask a mate who has genuine glasses to see if the genuine lense fits in the larger lense size models.

For info the eBay ones do arrive a bit quicker, about two weeks. Also noticing quite a few probably less than genuine one bein sold as genuine on eBay!

Regards

danoodog
    Free Member

Ordered mine on 19th may they were shipped on 22nd, just checked by tracking my order and it says full shipment so fingers crossed they might be here soon ?

Lifer
    Free Member

Saccades – Member
    I think they look awful, but if anyone has a snapped lense I’m willing to run them through the UV at work and give you a definitive answer on the UV protection levels.

Just got prescription lenses for some DX Split Jackets so willing to donate a set of black tinted and the silly coloured mirror lenses for this, email in my profile.

EDIT – also if anyone wants a pair of DX Jawbones let me know, have got a set going spare. Thought I’d ordered two pairs of Jawbones (different colours) to mix and match but one pair is the split jackets and they’re not compatible.

Janesy
    Free Member

Got a pair coming of those clear frames. Look awesome!

mangoridebike

Lifer – has Saccades taken you up on that offer? I’d certainly be interested to know the results.

FWIW – the quality on mine seems patchy, I ordered two pairs, one works perfectly and the on the other one struggles to close properly around the lens. However for £10 each I’m quite happy.

Lifer
    Free Member

Yes he did, just gotta get round to posting them out.

brakes
    Free Member

spot the fakes

rOcKeTdOg

U have a table made of laminate flooring? Cool!

Amos
    Free Member

I don’t know whether this has been suggested on this thread, but I’m not prepared to sit and read every post so have you tried polishing your lenses with a small amount of fairy liquid? A trick an old motor bike racer used to use on his visor claimed it worked very well…

brakes
    Free Member

U have a table made of laminate flooring? Cool!

it’s actually a solid wood butchers block table, but I do like the idea of laminating it – or howsabout sticking some linoleum to it?

as I’m sure you’re interested, the three at the back of the pic are fakes, but they’re pretty good glasses, especially for £25.

Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘Bit disappointed with my DX Jawbones’ is closed to new replies.