Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Birthday present from website for someone in Aus?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Any good websites that ship to Aus – say equivalent to Amazon?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

wickedweasel (saucy content)

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

For a bloke

zaskar
    Free Member

If you have a credit card that doesn't charge for shopping abroad, you could buy something online over there and avoid custom charges.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

That's what I'm thinking, know any good Aus websites?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

For a bloke

well, I'm a bloke and my eyes are on stalks :o)

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

😀

zaskar
    Free Member

Whats a stalk? I'm off to google it… ladder?

@james, it depends what you want to buy-if you already know?

Nationwide credit cards used to be free but charge 0.1% for purchases outside EU until recession is over.

I guess when I buy my family or GF anything I tend to know what I want and use Google.au for Oz only.

Or find the equivalent e.g. Dixons is Dick Smith (in Oz)

Posting things over £50 is not worth it due to thefts and strict customs.

If you are going to save loads by buying here, then take out decent insurance (Waits for loser Hora to come along) and reputable postal company.

tegski
    Free Member

Mtber? CRC or wiggle credit? Heaps less than LBS here (I'm in Canberra!)
    There is not an Amazon here (not enough people! – but that's why we're here…don't tell anyone how good it is!)
    David Jones or Myer are stores that are all around the country. Store credit?
    JB HiFi for electronics too…
    Maybe wine delivery from of the many online merchants…make sure that they are sending from here – don't need any of the high carbon miles French muck when we have lots of the nice Aussie wine 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

wickedweasel's apparel requires much waxing and trimming I feel 🙂

BillMC

Last summer I was in Aus and bought a mate an mp3 player from Amazon UK, no problem. The item was actually shipped from Germany and I paid a bit extra for the postage. The only downside was that my switch card got turned off temporarily because of an unusual pattern of payments and withdrawals. The item did not get taxed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Birthday present from website for someone in Aus?’ is closed to new replies.