Home Forums Bike Forum BIKES STOLEN IN CROSSHILLS NR SKIPTON

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • BIKES STOLEN IN CROSSHILLS NR SKIPTON
  • squiff
    Free Member

Just been to my shed and both my Anthem x and scott scale have been stolen, am **** livid.

Here is a picture of my anthem, Please all be on the look out as it seem to happening alot around here at the moment.

Both have one ring up front, both have XT brakes, both have lust tubless tyres

By squiff at 2012-04-26

[/URL]

Please Help

wwaswas

:(

jwmlee
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. You been on ebay etc to see if they have been listed for sale?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bugger, not good news !

Just out of interest, do you use some kind of tracker like Endomondo etc, or do you think you have been followed home at some point?

Will keep an eye out for them in the local area.

squiff
    Free Member

FunkyDunc

Just spoke to the wife and she reckons it’s someone who knows us and the bikes I have, The shed which the bikes were kept in is round the back of the house out of view.

I have no tracker :-(

Simon

That’s bad news, hope the bikes turn up. Do you carry your bikes on the outside of your car, been followed home?

martinhutch

I’ll keep an eye out up the Skipton end of the valley.

Seems to be a little spate in Airedale presently. Luckily I have a sh*t bike so will only get hit if the thief doesn’t know what he’s after.

neil853
    Free Member

feel for you mate, I’ll keep an eye out in and around Preston. Better get used to keeping them inside now :(

Gribs

Far to close to home for me so I’ll keep a look out. I’m glad my bikes live in the house but it’s a little worrying the number that have been reported stolen on here from the local area.

squiff
    Free Member

Police have been really good and are going to keep intouch if anything happens

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

God the forks look luverly, think I would of stolen them too seeing as Fox don’t sell them like that. :P

humperdinck
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that squiff, I’ll keep an eye out for you too. Mine were stolen t’other weekend from Keighley, it does indeed seem to be going around at the moment. Hope you get good news soon.
    Humpy.

jwmlee
    Free Member

Will keep any eye out in Shipley / Baildon too.

Brianblessed
    Free Member

mate im gutted for you. thieves took 3 mtb’s from my garage in farnhill, total value @£8000, a year ago. the police were sympathetic but i remain dissappointed at their ineptitude at tracking them down. it seems to be so rife around here that i reckon they must be able to do more than they do (theyre pretty good at catching motorists though !!). the scrotes broke into my garage twice after they got the bikes first time around, after the repacements no doubt. maybe you could ask the police to rig up a tracker inside a bike, stick it in your shed, wait for it to be nicked when the scum come again and then go catch them ? thats if theyre not too busy in a layby somewhere !

squiff
    Free Member

Brianblessed

Am looking into a tracking advice that could maybe fit ito the seat post. Am still really gutted and even when
    the insurane pay out It will only be enough to buy one high spec bike instead of the 2 high spec bikes I had, so it’s a lose lose sitution. I have also put posters around Keighley and one at Gisburn yesturday, god I still feel sick thinking about it :cry:

mamadirt
    Free Member

onceinalifetime – Member

God the forks look luverly, think I would of stolen them too seeing as Fox don’t sell them like that.

Indeed – flinkin’ gorgeous :P . Should stand out like a sore thumb if they get offered for sale though. Fingers crossed they can be recovered.

niallmb
    Free Member

that sucks, I’ll keep an eye out round Saltaire.

Just thought it worth a mention, that several riders I know round this area have mentioned being followed by a scooter/MX bike as they’ve ridden home. Last time it happened to me, I reported it to the police and they’ve said that they’ll look into it but just keep your eyes peeled people. He followed me all they way down into our car park area and only left when he saw me take the bike into the apartments.

leffeboy

Am looking into a tracking advice that could maybe fit ito the seat post.

Like one of these?

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/

richw
    Free Member

Hi mate, sorry to hear that, too.

I had mine taken twice! unsuccessfully first time and recovered locked together. Came back with boltcutters over easter: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stolen-bikes-oakworth-bd22

Will keep my eyes peeled

reedspeed
    Free Member

I f**kin hate thieves drug dealers. …. As Clarkson says,’they should be taken outside & shot! ‘.

Them trackers xound like a plan,couldnt we do a group buy,id be in deffo,if they work! .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘BIKES STOLEN IN CROSSHILLS NR SKIPTON’ is closed to new replies.