Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bikepacking Shropshire (video content)
  • composite
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/67370096[/video]

Watch in HD on vimeo https://vimeo.com/67370096

I got the train out to Church Stretton and rode to Marshbrook staying on the Blazing Bikes camp site. The next day I rode back to Birmingham.

The route back ended up being longer and more hilly than I had originally planned. It was 76miles with 7500ft of climbing which normally would have been fine but with a loaded bike it ended up being harder than I thought it might. I still enjoyed it, though some bits were definitely type 2 fun. I would certainly do this sort of route again, I would just be a bit more prepared for it next time.

Ride report here: composite-projects.co.uk/2013/05/marshbrook-bike-packing-report/

I’m not entirely happy with this video as I think I should have just got more footage considering the time I was riding that day. I think generally speaking it captures the mood of the trip which is ultimately always my goal with any of these little films I make.

maxray
    Free Member

Nice! Just been looking at that and trying to think if a Kingsheath to Aberystwyth is a doable ride, possibly via the Cambrain way.

I can feel a 2 day bivvy adventure coming on 🙂

composite
    Free Member

Maxray I have a route all mapped out that goes from Kings Heath to Llandovy junction that I was hoping to do over the summer. Interested?

I reckon it’s 3 days 2 nights. Might be better to start from Barnt Green though just to get past the first crap hour. There is something cool about leaving from your front door though. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maxray
    Free Member

ooohhh.. very interested! 😀

composite
    Free Member

My email is in my profile. Drop me a mail and maybe we can work something out. Would be great to find someone else to do this trip with as my mates are all 20 mile mincers. 😆

rOcKeTdOg

Looks like a lot of fun, ride to/back from Wales sounds awesome

kayak23

Nice one. Sounds like a mission, distance-wise.

shermer75
    Free Member

Great video! Nice one!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Kings Heath to Llandovy junction

Do you mean Dovey Junction, the other side of Machynlleth?

v8ninety

Ooh lovely video, lovely music. Bet it took you twice as long though with all those static camera shots that you’d have had to then turn round and retrieve the camera for…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

composite
    Free Member

still s8tannorm – Member

Do you mean Dovey Junction, the other side of Machynlleth?

Ahh yes, my bad that’s right.

So actually the route I have mapped is Barnt Green to Dovey Junction. 3 days will be a big effort (but doable if approached right) as it’s 190 miles and 23 000 ft of climbing. The first 90 miles though is considerably easier than the last 100.

Also some of that first part could be made easier by following a lump more of cycle route 45 next to the river severn instead of grassy edge of field type bridle way.

You could probably drop 25miles and a considerable amount of climbing by finishing at Aberystwyth.

composite
    Free Member

v8ninety – Member

Ooh lovely video, lovely music. Bet it took you twice as long though with all those static camera shots that you’d have had to then turn round and retrieve the camera for…

I think it could have put as much as 2 hours on the ride home. Maybe not quite that much but the discrepancy between my moving time and time elapsed was far greater for this ride than normal for me over simliar distance. I don’t really remember stopping for any breaks (did have a few punctures though), other than messing about with the camera. I love it though I’m a total ride film geek. 🙂

Thanks for all the feedback people. 😀

maxray
    Free Member

as my mates are all 20 mile mincers

to be fair composite I’m not far from that 🙂 Will get a few miles under my belt and be in touch 🙂

sargey

Nice vid,we did a route very close to that last year from stourbridge to church stretton as a training ride for the c2c which ended up being abouit 52 miles i think.Shropshire is the dogs dangies is’nt it.

composite
    Free Member

Maxray I’m aiming to do the Kings Heath to Knighton stretch (100miles) in a day towards the end of the month/early July. If you fancy a taster. Aiming to get the last train back to New st.

sargey – Member

Nice vid,we did a route very close to that last year from stourbridge to church stretton as a training ride for the c2c which ended up being abouit 52 miles i think.Shropshire is the dogs dangies is’nt it.

Yeah some really nice riding. Not so much gnar but lots of nice views and peace and quiet. 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bikepacking Shropshire (video content)’ is closed to new replies.