Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Big Bike Bash…post event recovery…!!!
  • DrP

What another cracker of an event 🙂
    Saturday and Sunday’s weather was top notch – the main xc course was running really fast and tight as usual – every lap I do I just smile at the great course these guys (AT, Nick, Robin and all..) have managed to squeeze into the woods and surroundings!
    The bands were also really good – my lad enjoyed just standing and watching!

Shame the hill climb had to be cancelled/altered – I reckons there’s as much excitement and intensity in the race UP the gravity track in a head to head format as there is in the race DOWN!
    Nielsonwheels….let’s call this year a ‘pass’ shall we 😉

I’ll upload some photos and such later – just sat down chilling out currently!

DrP

Clink

Yep, another fab year. Thanks to ciderinsport for rescuing my daughter after her crash on the xc course!

I reckon the ultimate race has to be down then up the gravity track…

DrP

We were just thinking of that as a race format! The loop at the bottom would ensure most people didn’t have head on crashes!!!

DrP

DezB
    Free Member

Fab weekend, as always. Didn’t do a whole lot of riding this year, just chilling and enjoying time with folk and the kids.
    Shame the lake jump was washed out, but Sat & Sun were great.
    Got tons of photos of the dual racing to go through, so will post a link here when done.
    (ps for DrP.. Mmm, pulled pork!)

DrP

Just for Dez….
    mmmmmmmmm

DrP

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Gutted we couldn’t make it this year. 🙁
    We’ll be back next year though. 🙂

Clink

Tickets are open already – and family Clink is booked for 2015 😀

ton

hopefully, a fully fit ton should make next years event. proper enjoyed the last one i managed to get to….. 😀

singletracksurfer

An absolutely superb event and by far my favourite on the calendar – a perfect way to spend time with the family and ride bikes. Great course, races, music, beer, prizes and a wonderful vibe to it all. Wishing the year to roll on by quickly until the next one – we’ll be back with even more people in tow.

oxym0r0n

First time. Family and I thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Good to see a few faces I hadn’t seen for a while… I, er, quite enjoyed the hill climb.
    Must come back faster with more people in tow next year!

DezB
    Free Member

All my photos:

https://plus.google.com/photos/107924463712607063923/albums/6051617474556731521?authkey=CJiz_oShlqiskwE

If you like any, or wish to download a photo of you/your child, I have a small fee – please leave a comment!

LoCo
    Free Member

Fantastic event, thank you to all the BBB team, am aching alot today from a few offs on sunday, see you all next year 😀

and thanks to Dr P for the pork and not quite lapping me in whippets race 😉

Clink

Loco – are you sure the aches are not from sleeping in a bunk bed?!? 😯

southcoastsprints
    Free Member

Our first time at the BBB and what have we been doing for the last 4 years.

great event, great atmosphere, friendly people and amazing entertainment for everyone…

Just be picking straw out of the campervan for the rest of the year! 🙂

pictonroad

Best event of any kind I’ve attended for a while. My appreciation and admiration for the team is boundless.

To put together all that, the perfect level of organisation. Exactly what MTB should be about. Course was great, events were great all the marshalls/helpers are superstars.

Seeing the tiny kiddies racing the xc course and the downhill fair made me burst with joy.

All this AND real ale. I’m 100% back next year.

DrP isn’t human and I vote he has to ride brick filled panniers next year, if we get enough support for this idea we can make it happen.

DezB
    Free Member

DrP isn’t human and I vote he has to ride brick filled panniers next year, if we get enough support for this idea we can make it happen

It’s a Yes from me! 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

@clink haha no, not much skin in left hand side atm. Physio tomorrow as hip and back playing up, feeling decidely old 😆

DrP

PIIIIGGGGGGG!!

DrP

(I’m up for the bricks in panniers idea….)

JasonDS

Awesome event once again! Thanks to everyone.

Unfortunately, the never-ending beer receptacle that I purchased for 1 token off Nick seems to have run out of mystical powers. I can only hope it will begin to work again correctly at next years event.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You have to keep a tight hold of the beer receptacle and drink from it regularly. You will find it morphs it’s way into you blood stream and extracts the required level of booze from there.

JasonDS

Damn, didn’t read the instructions. 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Poddy – you were missed

Ton – you got a mention in the closing ceremony with a beer raised for your full recovery

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nielsonwheels….let’s call this year a ‘pass’ shall we

Definitely needs to be on the gravity track. Speaking of which watching the little’uns flying uncontrollably off the last two jumps of the gravity track was quality in a scary you’ve been framed kind of way. 😯

The event was brilliant as always and the skid comp was a worthy contender for the lake jump given the circumstances. The navel gazer was far too nice and was not an all day session cider as I found out.

Top marks to all the organizers.

ton

Ton – you got a mention in the closing ceremony with a beer raised for your full recovery

cheers wca……. 8)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Ton – thanks for staying alive. The northern pie industry needs you.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Ton – thanks for staying alive. The northern pie industry needs you.

😆

DezB
    Free Member

Love to know who’s nipper this is.. my favourite “crash” pic from the weekend 😀

ps. he was ok.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Between injury and holiday I couldnae make BBB 2014. Looked great once again.
    Hope to race for once next year

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Forget to mention the music on the Saturday night after the live stuff had finished. Old school acid house and drum and bass.! That was fooking awesome especially when mixed with a gallon of cider. 😈

Big thanks to whoever was responsible for that one.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

That was fooking awesome especially when mixed with a gallon of cider.

Not sure about the music but the cider was definitely down to you!

I slept 14 hours through last night then went out AT to help with the last of the marquees.

Big thanks to Ashley for all his hard work, also Craig, John and Robin 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Bloody jonny-come-latelies! They’ve nicked all the lodges for 2015. No preferential treatment for the regulars, nay originators of the BBB! Gutted.

LoCo
    Free Member

All gone already?! 👿

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We did say at the prize giving that there was only one left.

DezB – Check your email

LoCo
    Free Member

I’m not surprised they are ace 😀

Will maybe hire a camper instead 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

MTFU and camp. We did and packed the tent, wet kit and half of the forest floor away in the pouring rain. I spent all day today washing and drying all my camping kit. It’s a doddle, honestly. 😥

LoCo
    Free Member

Haha yes, but with a couple of children under 4 and all the marquee and other kit we’re a bit pushed for space, even with the car and van this year I only had room for one bike 😥
    Being able to cook and have somewhere quiet for the children to have a nap made life alot easier would feel a bit bad waking next door campers as Toby wakes at 0500 every morning and wants to play loudly 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

All lodges and 14% of tickets gone!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Glad you all had fun 😆

I did too! Made it home today as well!

As WCA said, tickets are flying out! We are not having a single person more next year, we have found our limit!
    Get them quick, they will sell out. Stay for a week or 2, camping is available either side of the bash (for a few extra pounds!).

Not many lakeside hookups left now either 😯

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Not many lakeside hookups left now either

I am sure Tyler will manage at least one. After his flame display and landing the back flip he was batting the girls away 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I want to give feedback/suggestions about the music. Who/where/when/how?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash…post event recovery…!!!’ is closed to new replies.