• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by LAT.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • BH 59 vs BH 90 – Performance Differences?
  • LAT

I need to fit a longer hose to my xt 785 brake. The shop has BH 59, the brake came with 90. I understand the different barbs but what I would like to know is, will there be a drop in performance from using the 59?

thanks in advance for your assistance.

simondbarnes

will there be a drop in performance from using the 59?

Yes, a bit. Whether that matters is totally down to you.

cookeaa

Yes the difference is precisely 31…

LAT

Yes the difference is precisely 31

I was hoping that one of the maths geniuses would be in to put it in numbers 😀

A little I could probably live with.

LAT

This site is hard to use from an iPhone

bigyinn
    Free Member

This is the very first result on google.co.uk, you did google didn’t you?

The Newer BH90 hose is actually SMALLER in internal diameter, giving better braking performance. (You lose less pressure from liquid compression.) The BH59 and BH90 Olives are identical, the barbs however are different, because of the different internal diameter of the tubing. They are not interchangeable.

LAT

I did google but I was hoping for some real world feed back. I do however appreciate your efforts. Thanks

LAT

Not trying to come across like a penis in my replies. Daily events keep pulling my attention from what’s really important, alleviating my fear of ruining my brakes!

blitz

I’ve just gone the other way from BH59 to BH90. I upgraded a leaking set of 2-pot calipers with 59 hoses to the new deore 4-pots which should in theory be paired with BH90s. I started off using the 59s that I already had with the new calipers and they seemed fine but had a little dead travel. Just swapped them for the 90s and can barely tell the difference, probably not more than 5% in it. Id say the 59s will be fine.

LAT

Thanks, Blitz.

escrs
    Free Member

Ive used BH90 and BH59 hoses on my road bikes and not noticed any difference in braking performance

Even used the BH90 barbs in a BH59 hose and visa versa with no issues

stompy

Never really noticed any difference between the two….. How well they are bled has much more of an impact on lever feel and travel.

LAT

That’s encouraging news, as the hose is now in my garage.

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘BH 59 vs BH 90 – Performance Differences?’ is closed to new replies.