Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best trails on the Pembrokeshire coast
  • Lemurian
    Free Member

Possibly heading to Brechfa in a couple of weeks and thought while we’re in the area it would be good to check out some of the natural riding too.

Never been to the area before so not sure what to expect, any recommendations? I’ve seen there’s the Pembrokeshire coastal path, is this any good?

Thanks.

Esme
    Free Member

I love this area – but wouldn’t bother taking a mountain bike 🙁

rusty90
    Free Member

Almost all of the PCP is legally a footpath, there’s a million stiles to get over and some of it is very close to cliff edges with no fencing. In short not suitable for biking at all. Great for walking though.

BTW, as mentioned elsewhere, the Green, Blue and Black routes at Brechfa out of Byrgwm are closed for the rest of the year for forestry operations (Red route out of Abergorlech still open)

magowen100
    Free Member

PCP – as has been said too much in the way of styles etc that break up the riding. Still good fun on a nice day the best bit I’ve ridden is between St Davids and Solva.
    If you’re going up to Brechfa you could always go on to Mid wales.
    If it has to be Pembs then try Rosebush/ Canaston Woods/ Preseli Mountains/ Carn Ingli. Rosebush has the advantage of being near to the Pant Mawr Cheese farm….. hmmmmmm Caws Preseli nom nom…..
    Alternatively a few laps around Lys y Fran is ok to kill an afternoon just make sure you have a big bag for the bullaces (big sloes) near the kiddy play area.
    There is very little in Pembs that takes more than a hour or two to do and very little that will test your riding skills.
    HTH

Lemurian
    Free Member

Thanks guys. So basically not worth it then! Might head up to the brecon beacons instead, plenty of options. Yeah thanks Rusty, bit annoying but we’ll swing by to do the red run though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best trails on the Pembrokeshire coast’ is closed to new replies.