Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best 130mm trail fork for a big old Soul?
  • timnwild

Cant decide on decent 2nd-hand Revs (I’m running a knackered set of 2007 Revs at 130mm now), new 150mm Revs dropped to 130, or some Marzocchi 44s. Don’t fancy Fox.

Ta

wwaswas

I’ve got some Pace RC41’s on my sons Soul – very nice.

I also run 3 pairs of MArzocchi 44 Micro Ti’s on various bikes and love those 🙂

be aware that older 44’s (2010 and earlier I *think*) are 140/120/100 travel and newer 150/130/110 so if you want 130 you’ll need the newer ones.

vorlich
    Free Member

I was looking at the 2012 range on the marzocchi site last night, but even the owners manual is quite vague about the Travel Adjust stuff for 150-120mm TA forks.

My question is, is it adjustable in 10mm increments, or it is one or the other. Can it be locked one travel length permenantly? The site suggests the return to 150mm automatically.

wwaswas

not used the TA ones – the ones I have need you to swap spacers inside the fork.

v8ninety

U turn Pikes wound down 10mm? or with a bit of extra sag?

dafoxster
    Free Member

I’ve got 130mm X-fusion Velvets on my Kinesis Decade.

They ride every bit as well as any other fork I’ve tried, Fox and Rockshox included.

BigJohn

I would choose the ones with shorter axle to crown length. If it’s an old Soul (pre 140-based geometry).

I run a Magura 130 and it’s just about poifect.

metalheart
    Free Member

Personally I found Pikes on a Soul OTT.

I reckon something a bit more xc orientated would be a better match (currently running float 120’s…).

tonyd

I have some DTSwiss XMC130s on mine (older pre-140 geometry) and think they’re spot on. Picked them up from the classifieds here for a pretty reasonable price.

chiefgrooveguru

Float 32 140s on mine – one nice thing about Fox forks is they have lots of mud clearance, which really matters where I ride! They’re too long for your Soul but don’t overlook the clearance issue, whatever you choose.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best 130mm trail fork for a big old Soul?’ is closed to new replies.