Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Berlin – recommend me good eating and drinking places please
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Off this weekend with a few friends. Staying fairly central. Can anyone recommend good places to eat and drink?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Anyone…?

IHN

There’s a nice sushi place right by Checkpoint Charlie.

I guess that demonstrates how much Berlin has changed over the years…

mossimus
    Free Member

If you go north on Freidrechstrauss (sp?) over the river, there are a couple of nice places to eat on the North bank, you will see them as you cross the bridge.

Also a fun bar that works on a supply/demand price system for the beers – Complete with stock exchange type monitors of the prices.

Another 200m further north and you get to Oranienburgerstrauss(sp?) lost of bars along here – beware this is also the red light district.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Go to the Jewish area for good food.

Also there’s a great place that sells loads of sweary food. You’ll find a flyer for it in the airport when you land.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks all, shall check them out.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

And buy a chilli-dog off the street. mMMMMMmmmMmMMMmmmmmm, lurverly.

Berlin is (so far) the best city I’ve been too.

It has an ace Lego shop too!

Oh! and definitely go to the museum of transport – it’s brilliant!

marp
    Free Member

a couple of amazing places…

if you like schnitzel (and who doesn’t?) then Austria on BergmannstraBe is the place to go as the schnitzel is gargantuan and incredibly tasty… its one all manner of awards for the past 10 yrs or so..you might have to book in advance, and if you look a bit german like i do then they won’t believe you’re english and continue to speak german to you (and english to the others at the table)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187323-d800825-Reviews-Austria-Berlin.html

Also oranienstraBe has some decent places to go (towards oranienplatz)and theres a row of bars in railway arches heading towards museum island from alexandersplatz, they have a small green out the front of them and are by the railway bridge and tram lines…. really close to the pergammon museum..

Good luck and enjoy – its the best place ever…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Berlin – recommend me good eating and drinking places please’ is closed to new replies.