Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ben A Glow solo ride report
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

So I did the Beinn A Ghlo circuit solo yesterday. Anticlockwise, but I think I prefer it clockwise – the gradient on Glen Tilt wasn’t enough to speed me (stiff head wind tho) and riding the first 2 sections uphill was grim, and the singletrack from Fnaar Lodge is short.

Still a great ride! + tyres are for me the way ahead.

Pics (in reverse order – anyone ridden the singletrack pictured on the east side of the Glen?)

IMG_20160325_165746645

chickenman

I think that’s a deer track. There is a cracking descent off Carn nan Gabhar down to the bridge at 956763 plus the better known one off Carn a’ Chlamain to Forest Lodge.
    I wasn’t very convinced by doing the circuit anti-clockwise either; either way it’s a great outing with grand scenery, but there’s a dearth of quality singletrack on it IMO.

matt_outandabout

Wait a few weeks and do up and over instead…

kcal

it’s a decent big day out. I’ve always enjoyed it although there’s a lot of draggy bits. I’m not sure it would work any better CW to be honest — I’ve only ever done it (quite a few times) ACW..

First couple of singletracks are just about manageable, then its a long pull up (there are a lot of those, eh) – like the Fealar Lodge singletrack but can’t clean the descent.. Back along to the Falls of Tarf is lovely..

Drag down Glen Tilt is a drag descending, can’t image the ascent :0)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Drag down Glen Tilt is a drag descending, can’t image the ascent :0)

It’s a lot better than the ascent in the other direction IMO!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ben A Glow solo ride report’ is closed to new replies.