Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Belt-Drive, Full-Sus, Singlespeed Kona – PICS
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thought I’d make the most of the sunshine and finally get a few half-decent pics of the bike. Centre-track is a revelation, it just works!

DSC_0283 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

DSC_0287 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

DSC_0288 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

DSC_0289 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

DSC_0291 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

oxym0r0n

No longer need a snubber then?

Ringo
    Free Member

yep centretrack is the bollocks, had it for 10 months oir so now far better system,

ir_bandito
    Free Member

No longer need a snubber then?

It would seem not. Which makes me think the problems I had with the belt ratcheting were from it coming off the side of the sprocket when the frame flexed though the linkage pivots. Its certainly what caused it to wear so much that it snapped…

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

WHat caused it to snap was the massive gnar of leicestershire trails. That line down the B****** is now called the Belt Snapper.

😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

’tis true. Leicestershire did this:

DSC_0293 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

avdave2

I’d really like my Rohloff running with a belt drive one day, it’s encouraging to hear that the center track is working well. I’ve been following your’s and MTG’s posts on belt drives with great interest.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’m just looking into getting a belt setup for my Rohly too. Issues with available sprocket and belt sizes to run with a 26″ wheels 🙁

I’ll just have to get a 29er 🙂

ads678

Been reading your posts with interest, belt drive stuff is intriguing.

Would this work on an orange five? Not single speed just the belt.The rear triangle wouldn’t need splitting so it seems an obvious choice but would it work with that sort of suspension system?

avdave2

Would this work on an orange five?

No, the kona pivots around the bottom bracket so the chain length never varies.

fasthaggis

That’s nice that is.
    A clutter free bike 🙂

ads678

Avdave2 – thought as much. Ah well maybe i’ll have to have a go on the hard tail!!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Also:

Not single speed just the belt.

Belt won’t work with derailleurs. So its either singlespeed or hub gear. Or, dreaming, inboard gearbox…

boltonjon

Love it – looks fantastic!!

What forks are you running??

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Makes me wish I hadn’t sold my A. Nice work ir_bandito

simon1975

Good work!

It looks like Gates are doing a fixed sprocket in 21t flavour for the CT system… Any reason why I shouldn’t spend money on my Pompino, Epicyclo style?! Let us know when you snap this belt 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

12 hours and no “why?” or “chains work fine don’t they?” comments. Must be doing well 🙂

Thanks for all the positive comments. Happy to let people try it out if logistics aren’t too difficult. I’m in Hexham, but get around a bit. I’ll hopefully be riding it in Thetford this sunday morning. It is a 20″ frame though, so I’m afraid midgets can’t…

boltonjon – Maverick SC32s. I wanted something a bit “different” and they’re really, really nice. Bought off this forum, along with the frame, wheels, brakes, saddle, stem, headset and cranks…

simon1975 – do it, belt-drive fixie has got to be the ultimate low maintenance commuter.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

but get around a bit

Yeah, he’s not lying. You may catch something off his saddle…. 😉

boltonjon

Cheers OP – I’ve never seen them forks before

That is one sweet bike – very jealous!

paul4stones

Nice sunny afternoon in Dukes Wood. 🙂

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Where’s this Dukes wood then? Oh, nice bike! 😉

bwaarp
    Free Member

Never new maverick did single crown usd forks!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Photos taken here

Forks are lovely. Super-plush, lightweight, 120mm travel out of the same A2C as a 100mm fork.

Looking good in the pictures.
    I’ve done over 1000km on mine now, SS & Rohloff.
    I’ll be at Erlestoke at the weekend if anyone wants to have a look.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Belt-Drive, Full-Sus, Singlespeed Kona – PICS’ is closed to new replies.