Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Beinn Ime and the Cobbler
  • ahhhjrene
    Free Member

I’ll be around Loch Lommond in a few weeks time. I’ll be riding Ben Lommond again but would like to explore the other side of the loch.

I’ve heard the Cobbler is an interesting ride but has anyone ridden Beinn Ime? Would it be worth the push?

Kunstler

How do Mr R. I’d love to see you get a photo of your bike on The Cobbler summit… but without the use of ropes. 😛

I presume you’re thinking of the Buttermilk Burn route from Arrochar. I’ve walked this numerous times in the past and from what I can remember it’s a well built path and the gradient wouldn’t be too bad for the climb. There’s a new section of path that bypasses what used to be a giant stepped staircase out through the forest.
    I think where it might become difficult is at the Bealach a’Mhaim. It’s probably pretty boggy there. There is a path from The Cobbler to Beinn Ime which you might be able to uses as an ascent of The Cobbler from the back but the best features of the mountain are from the south. Maybe leave the bike and walk/scramble to the summit(s).

fergal
    Free Member

What the Arrochar Alps on a bicycle, Naismith would be turning in his grave, it will never be done, never i say!

Pictures and a blog please.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Can think of many more enjoyable hills to take a bike up and down to be honest.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The summit of the cobbler is awkward – I bottled it. Lovely hiking area.

fergal
    Free Member

Ok i’ll bite, Imme above the col looks pretty uninspiring, very boggy and grassy, but i could be wrong about the final few hundred metres, was up there last summer to ride Imme, sacked it off at the end of the modified path just below the col, good blast down past the Narnain boulders, some big water bars to begin with then it settles down nicely.

What interesting riding have you heard of on the Cobbler? obviously not the main tourist path above the Narnain boulders.

13thfloormonk

Ime from the top is a good path and would be a good ride, halfway down though it becomes loose, steep switchbacks which would probably go but not sure how much fun they’d be. Then it becomes a bit indistinct and marshy until the col.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Beinn Ime and the Cobbler’ is closed to new replies.