Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Be careful what you tweet…………….
  • allthepies
    Free Member

“Lost his job then, lol”

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

It’s as if Emma Way never happened.

Harry_the_Spider

Knob. lol

Cougar

Allow me to add some actual information onto your thread.

A man who tweeted that he had knocked over a cyclist but could not stop because he was “late for work” has been sacked from his job at a stockbrokers.

Cardiff University graduate Rayhan Qadar later told the BBC the message was a “dumb mistake” and he “did not hit anyone”.

tomhoward

Anyone who follows me on Twitter know 99% of the things I tweet is nonsense.

Sackable offence right there….

surfer
    Free Member

Harsh

Trimix
    Free Member

It does seem we take things written on the internet differently to things said / written elsewhere.

If he said that in the pub some of his mates would laugh, others not. But they probably wouldnt think it was a sackable offence.

Mackem

I suspect it’s an easy.cheap way of getting rid of someone they dont really want. If he was a high fee earner I bet he wouldnt have been sacked.

br
    Free Member

I suspect it’s an easy.cheap way of getting rid of someone they dont really want. If he was a high fee earner I bet he wouldnt have been sacked.

Probably a good chance of the reason.

matt_outandabout

It does seem we take things written on the internet differently to things said / written elsewhere.

If he said that in the pub some of his mates would laugh, others not. But they probably wouldnt think it was a sackable offence.
    A couple of mates vs hyseteria online is the difference. 😉 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And oh, isn’t his twitter name heeeelaaaaarious?

The Beeb have blurred it out. It is/was “Ray Pew”.

Cockwomble.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I get Twitter for news and so on, sports stuff maybe, companies even. But for just talking shite to people? That’s what your mates and/or colleagues are for, and they usually won’t get you in bother. I much prefer it that only a handful of people know I’m a nob, rather than everyone.

scotroutes

And yet you post here……

😆

IanMunro
    Free Member

What scared me most about this that the bloke is/was allegedly a stockbroker. Given the quality of the rest of his tweets the mind boggles.

/Edit Ah, I see the BBC are saying works for a stockbroker unlike the newspapers.
    Assistant to the manager vs. Assistant manager.

DezB
    Free Member

The Beeb have blurred it out. It is/was “Ray Pew”.

Some blokes really are in need of a good kicking.

thegreatape
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

And yet you post here……

Absolutely. Safety in numbers with all the other nobs!

footflaps

Good for HL, protecting their reputation from idiots….

khani
    Free Member
    eddiebaby
    Free Member

But our fist instinct

😯

MoreCashThanDash

Seems to be a real issue with younger adults not grasping the implications of social media. MrsMC trains newly qualified child protection workers. Not ideal if a family can read all the details of their social workers intimate love life via a friend of a friend on Facebook.

unovolo
    Free Member

Mr Qadar later sent two more tweets to his 1,323 followers.

Over a thousand sad cases,I think if I was on twitter I’d be lucky to hit half a dozen followers.
    I get twitter for celebs but for the average joe I just dont see the point must be a age thing.

samuri
    Free Member

Lets be clear, his timeline was filled with racism, misogyny and homophobia. I expect the hysteria around the original tweet attracted his employers who probably wouldn’t have sacked him for that but once they saw the other stuff I guess they felt they had no choice.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Be careful what you tweet…………….’ is closed to new replies.