Home Forums Bike Forum Aviemore locals – Burma Road?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Aviemore locals – Burma Road?
  • druidh
    Free Member

I was up the Burma Road last week (walking), returning via the Corbett of Geal Charn-Mor. It’s a while since I was up that way but the surface of the track seems to have been fairly recently renewed and also had a few lay-bys added. From the summit, I could also see a track extending NW past the River Dulnain (presumably heading for the Findhorn).

I know there is a proposed wind farm further south on the Allt Duine but was wondering what had necessitated this resurfacing?

[/url]
    Burma Road[/url] by druidh_dubh[/url], on Flickr

druidh
    Free Member

Bump for the dayshift….

druidh
    Free Member

I’ll have another go….

Sanny
    Free Member

It’s been like that for at least a couple of years if memory serves. Makes for an undemanding climb. Fireroad is never going to be exciting so smooth is fine by me!

druidh
    Free Member

Just shows how long it is since I was up there.

There was a big digger/excavator parked in one of the lay-bys which made me think some of it was much fresher.

Any idea where the tracks north of the Dulnain lead, – or should I go and explore?

kcal

*looks* like some of them might take you to the Findhorn, eventually – from Google Maps and Bing Maps – but would need decent navigation to take the correct forks. Oh, and a bit of hike a bike on closer examination – tracks don’t quite match up and might be in poor condition..

Will be up there Friday, might head over Burma Road but unlikely to have time to properly explore :(

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Aviemore locals – Burma Road?’ is closed to new replies.