Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Audi bike for Audi Drivers?
  • alfabus
    Free Member

no saddle??

don’t fancy a long (or any) journey on that!

retro83
    Free Member

seat doesn’t look very comfortable

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Slack – tick
    Low- tick
    niche -tick

And GW will be allong in a moment to tell us all he’s awesome and rides everywhere with the saddle down and it’s uneccecary.

rootes1

according to the bikebiz site has a top speed of 80kph/50mph

igm

Suspiciously like a Five…

andyl
    Free Member

Audi have bought Ducati! Depressing…

I quite like the bike but not sure who it is aimed at.

Well actually I like the idea of an electric bike that has been custom built from the ground up by someone who doesnt normally build bikes and not a car manufacturer trying to be trendy and making a crap bike that belongs in a supermarket.

I also like the idea of electric bikes that allow people to get out more and go further and enjoy it instead of worrying about trashing themselves on steep hills.

But I am still not sure who that is aimed at. Looks like a downhill bike…especially with that saddle, does tricks etc but surely the people who would do that kind of thing don’t need an electric bike. I’d rather a full suspension (needed due to the weight) that was suitable for XC and comfy to pedal as well as use in electric mode.

But then I guess it’s a concept – going to used for demos with people pulling tricks on it under electric power. At least concept technology should filter down into something useful.

kayak23

No good for the STW big-hitters then…. 😀

rootes1

I also like the idea of electric bikes that allow people to get out more and go further and enjoy it instead of worrying about trashing themselves on steep hills.

Electric assist will be the main driver to get more people on bikes generally

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

a computer that records the number of successful tricks pulled and posts that tally to Facebook.

Do the cars come with a similar feature absed arround distance to the car in front?

Audi have bought Ducati! Depressing…

Why, they’ve been owned by everyone from banks and private equity to the italian government, it’s hardly like there’s a nostalgic familiy business being gobbled up by a corperate giant.

Milkie
    Free Member

… video!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=edmH0Zx57JY[/video]

PJM1974
    Free Member

I rather like the look of it…but if it ever reaches the marketplace it’s going to be ridden by folk who aspire to drive a Q7 and who like to hang around coffee shops.

Just like every other “boutique” automotive brand who dabbles in building bikes then.

wrecker
    Free Member

I like it. Looks fun.
    Trouble is; it’s an Audi so the motor will be an extra, so will the pedals and the handlebars. A full bike will cost a PAJILLION pounds and need servicing by an authorised dealer at a cost of half a PAJILLION pounds every 6 months.

PJM1974
    Free Member

And the tyres will need to be filled with special Audi air that contains 0.05% Argon otherwise the tyres (special order Audi items that look exactly like Kenda Slant Sixes, but cost four times as much and need to be replaced in pairs) will explode you to death.

godzilla
    Free Member

Not sure about the Skyway Tuff’s, I wonder is the wheels can still be fixed with a stint in the freezer if you buckle them.

Solo
    Free Member

Inverted Forks ?.

andyl
    Free Member

Good shots on the video show more than you can see in the pictures.

I guess it’s kind of like an environmentally and ear friendly trials motorbike. I know some woods where it would be perfect in near me. 8)

marka.
    Free Member

German car manufacturer Audi has released spy shots…

I’m not sure they know the meaning of spy shots. It’s not a spy shot if the company itself releases it. It’s really called “PR”.

It looks like a fun bike, though. It’s a concept, so they can do whatever they like without having to pay too much attention to reality.

simonm
    Free Member

Rear mech on the concept pics but not on the video one.

Surprisingly not bad looking for a car company bike. Even got V wide low flat bars.

godzilla
    Free Member

Just realised that’s Julien DuPont riding in the Vid, he has some crazy vids on YouTube.

legend
    Free Member

Nice to see Shiver SCs making a comeback

cupra
    Free Member

as an aside vw/audi group also bought lambourghini and they have turned out pretty good, still mad cars but reliable.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s the way forward fellas.
    BMW have been playing around with bikes for a few years, they make that C1 scooter thingy too.
    Audi now play with a concept, guage reaction, can only be a good thing IMO. Though I would still like to see flashing yellow light(s) thingy two on the front, two on the back that actually work when turning corners, like without the driver knowing they’re on and self cancelling too, that’d be a good thing.
    S-Line and RS versions I guess will be available.

Neat.

Will they carry golf clubs?

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Soon to be seen impatiently tailgating riders at a bike park near you…

thepodge
    Free Member

Igm, a five looks suspiciously like a mountain cycles san andreas far more than that looks like a five.

richmtb

At least they are trying something a bit different. Not just some half arsed single pivot design with a badge stuck on it to try an hide the fact that their design is about as cutting edge as a “safety bicyle”

10pmix
    Free Member

Reminds me of something…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Not just some half arsed single pivot design with a badge stuck on it

Sure?

I like the idea of a good electic bike though – auto wheelie anyone? the donuts look fun too – probably only get 2.5 minutes playing about though.

boltonjon

RALEIGH VEKTAR

I used to have a Raleigh catalogue and used to lust after that bike

It used to make so much sense!!

sfxer
    Free Member

Wow the VEKTAR! How I used to dream of having one of those beasts Ü

HermanShake
    Free Member

Check the upsweep on the Vektar bars!

As for the Audi; MTB with rear pegs and a lookatme lookatme set of LEDs. No ta, I’ll take the Vektar (and some other bars please).

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Audi bike for Audi Drivers?’ is closed to new replies.