Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • At £235 are these 2009 Revs maxle lites good value?
  • Wally
    schrickvr6
    Free Member

Bargaintastic I would say.

hora
    Free Member

Wallym rule number one. Say you have seen some forks somewhere at x price. DONT LINK TO THEM!

Get them ordered asap before another STW clicks and buys. Seriously. That is a bloody steal.

TomHill
    Free Member

Wally. Ahem. Thanks for the link. Hope you got a pair. Looks like a great price, and I just purchased. 456 build is nearing completion. Just need a front hub and a few bits and pieces.

hora
    Free Member

Ive got 454 Pikes and Lyriks- I dont need any forks and Im TEMPTED! You could buy these-run them for a year then sell them secondhand for £200 on here! Surely thats common sense?!

Wally

Shhhssssss …. I have another pair of white forks and Mrs Wally might not notice!
    Apologies for the bedroom carpet.

ojom
    Free Member

Buy em. Makes a lot of sense. Bargain.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

That is typical, i paid £190 for some Recons recently (which are good to be fair) but then these show up for not a lot more.

hora
    Free Member

boz, samehere. I wouldnt have bought my Pikes!

Northwind

If I was keeping my GT I'd have those like a shot, I paid more than that used for my uturn 140mm revs 🙁

james
    Free Member

Just a minor point that may or may not be of any real importance
    The 1750g weight is incorrect for '09 maxle (pike lowers) revelations. The QR (RVL lowers) ones are 1750g. '10 Revealtion Maxles have new lowers + other bits so are lighter

bunnerscj
    Free Member

CARPET NEEDS A HOOVER LET ALONE NEW FOOKIN FORKS DUDE !!
    POP DOWN TO CURRYS I RECKON :ROLL:

grumm
    Free Member

Damn these would be so much more sensible for uk riding than my 36s, and cost half as much – oh well. 🙂

Wally

Weight is 2020g , significantly more than advertised. But still a useful fork IMO.
    I like my carpet like that. I like the smell of GT85 in the morning:-)

tails
    Free Member

Sorry wally but that carpet is filthy! No way is that your bedroom?!?!

JamesD
    Free Member

Do these have u-turn style travel adjust? If not, what's the "Travel Adjust" refer to?

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm that's only about 3/4s of a pound lighter than my 36s – I'm happy with that. 🙂

Ambrose

🙂

igm

I'm not happy – bought them at £328 two weeks ago – guess where from…

Northwind

Huh, surprised they're that heavy, I've got the u-turn which you'd assume would weigh more and they're under 1900g (though that's without poploc, I removed the useless thing)

ojom
    Free Member

I'm not happy – bought them at £328 two weeks ago – guess where from…

that's sales.

one of the reasons why we don't do them. they leave a bitter taste. 🙁

igm

that's sales.

one of the reasons why we don't do them. they leave a bitter taste.

Not bitter, just not happy. I still reckon they were pretty good value at the price paid and they are the fork I want.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

aye, what is this 140mm travel adjust – all travel?

fancy a pair, but don't want to run 140mm…

Tiboy

all travel means the travel's fixed externally, but can be adjusted with internal spacers, easy job, see my last post.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thanks tiboy, will check the bank balance… and may go shopping…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

phone went to answer phone, as i'd rather order over phone… but got them online – hope the have a proper online stock-check system…

thanks for the heads up…. 8)

james
    Free Member

"what's the "Travel Adjust" refer to"
    "aye, what is this 140mm travel adjust – all travel?"

It means you can take them to bits and insert a 15mm spacer to reduce them to 125mm travel

"I've got the u-turn which you'd assume would weigh more and they're under 1900g"
    Are they 2009 Maxle (20mm bolt thru axle) ones? Or QR?

Rickos
    Free Member

Ker-ching! That'll do nicely for the Alpitude. Anyone want some '05 Minutes?

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm. £100 to get my Pike 454 Coils serviced or sell 'em cheap and get these.

Decision decisions.

Northwind

James, mine are maxle u-turn dual air 09. So, weird if these are heavier, seems to be the same overall componentry bar the uturn.

YokelLad
    Free Member

"Hmm. £100 to get my Pike 454 Coils serviced or sell 'em cheap and get these.

Decision decisions."

Or service them yourself for a lot less cash.

Against the Revs, they

Are heavy
    Are Air sprung
    Suffer from compression spiking at speed

They're still really good value.

Jamie
    Free Member

Or service them yourself for a lot less cash.

If i wasn't so hamfisted i would 😉

Monkey
    Free Member

Has anyone actually managed to get these, I ordered pretty early and have been told there is no stock?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

nope, not getting mine.

asi i said earlier, i wish they had an up to date stock check system built into their online shop… clearly not.

they lose out as well though, as i was going to phone them anyway and add some shoes to my order.
    gutted 🙁

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

on one have some '10 QRs in at 275 if it helps – i want bolt thru though…

granny_ring

I was too late as well! 🙁

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘At £235 are these 2009 Revs maxle lites good value?’ is closed to new replies.