Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Armstrong's new team….Team Radio Shack?!
  • Crell
    Free Member

The rumour mill looks like it has some substance to it. Judging by the way Armstrong has been complimenting Kloden and slating Contador for dropping him yesterday, I assume the former will be joining him, the latter most probably not 🙂

http://www.teamradioshack.com/getready/

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/433

Jerome
    Free Member

Hmm domain name registered two days ago..

clubber
    Free Member

And by the right people. Seems pretty clear. Awful sounding name though but I guess it sounds ok in the US where it's a known brand and that'll be what they care about.

compositepro
    Free Member

silly name if they ban radios on the tour nect year

no radio shack

Crell
    Free Member

http://www.teamradioshack.com/getready/ Yep the site is now up – well at least a holding page for it

finbar
    Free Member

Oh, i thought this was going to have something to do with it.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Will he want/get Leipheimer?

Dougal
    Free Member

Leipheimer, Kloden, Horner in for sure. Surely they need to find some younger riders too?

Alberto no, I think he'll refuse even if they do offer him a place, on the grounds of their behaviour towards him in the last couple of months.

geoffj

So will it be known as Team Tandy in the UK 😆

fontmoss
    Free Member

bbc

JoeNation
    Free Member

They almost certainly draw some young talent (ie Taylor Phinney) from Trek Livestrong.

showerman
    Free Member

and SKY building their team as well not that many big riders wanting to change teams at the moment hows this all going to turn out

mike_p
    Free Member

Teams come and go all the time. Astana will disappear for one.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

And by the right people. Seems pretty clear. Awful sounding name though but I guess it sounds ok in the US where it's a known brand and that'll be what they care about.

Got to be better than 'Team Tandy'.

WTF ever happened to Tandy?

IanMunro
    Free Member

from wiki:
    "In 1999 the UK stores were sold to Carphone Warehouse, and over the following years have either been closed, or turned into Carphone Warehouse stores. Some of these stores were sold to a new company called T2 which presumably stood for Tandy 2 and had continued the RadioShack style theme. Lately, many of these stores have closed down, though T2 has a strong presence online http://www.t2retail.co.uk and has a wide range of RadioShack products."

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well there you go, I guess Maplin filled the gap.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Lee Applbaum, RadioShack's chief marketing officer, said: "As one of the greatest athletes of our generation, a father, a cancer survivor and a tireless advocate in the fight against cancer, Lance Armstrong understands the power of keeping people connected and that's why we feel he's the perfect partner for our brand."

For some reason he missed out husband in Lance's towering achievements…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

power of keeping people connected

Oof, smell the cheese.

aracer
    Free Member

Astana will disappear for one.

Which does make you wonder about Brailsford's comments about a big name being available, but them turning him down on seeing the biological passport – then later giving a straight no to the idea of signing Contador…

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think I heard that Katusha have the biggest budget of any pro team this year. Is that right? And if so, why are they not showing particularly well?

MrAgreeable

I hope they will be running all their telemetry testing on a TRS-80.

whytetrash

Umm ..bit obvious, co sponsors anyone?…Trek, Giro, Oakley..he'll build a dream team round him and really have a crack at the tour next year!

ps..hows the recovery going Crellin?..take it your not in work yet?..Did Brechfa monday, Afan yesterday and Penmachno this afternoon….not rubbing it in honest! 😀

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Maybe he'll get Hincapie on board.

aracer
    Free Member

Maybe he'll get Hincapie on board.

To pull the main field along when Lance is up the road in a break with a chance of getting yellow? 🙄

Crell
    Free Member

Recovering very well thanks Justin. I've been working from home for the last couple of weeks but I'm back in Leeds /London again from next week. I've been "walking" for about 2 weeks which is nice 🙂
    Been out and spun on the bike once, which is easier than walking and no, of course you're not rubbing it in!

Have you heard how Frase did in the Mega?

alwyn
    Free Member

Astana must be pretty pissed off. Lance comes back for one season, doesn't even win and then destroys their team. I know they are a bit bankrupt and it might have happened anyway but Lance certainly didn't help.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Armstrong's new team….Team Radio Shack?!’ is closed to new replies.