• This topic has 148 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Twin.
Viewing 29 posts - 121 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • Are you 60kg?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m 12 stone (76kg) at 5’11”; you can still see a couple of ribs.

I could manage 11 stones without looking ill. But it would require some serious dieting.

molgrips
    Free Member

but then they’d just driven to work and I’d cycled 25 miles to get in)

Hmm, I just cycled 20 miles to get in, I still can’t fill my face with cake and weigh 60kg or even 75kg for that matter.

weedwizard
    Free Member

6 foot 2 74 kg. I hope to lose the extra 14 kg of timber by the start of the first grand tour this year. Which I believe is this Saturday.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

think I’m going to take Elf’s line that us smaller peeps subsidize you biggies I’ll expect discounts off everything and special allowances like being able to take extra luggage on planes – me and my bike combined is surely less than the average person.

This is perfectly reasonable. Airlines should have a set weight limit for each passenger including baggage. Smaller/lighter people get to carry more. Why should I pay as much as a larger person when transporting me requires less fuel? Why should I pay as much for a bike frame when tiny ones use less material?

after reading the other women’s weights on this thread I’m feeling distinctly heavy

Nonsense. 58kgs is no way ‘heavy’.

Some of the blokes on here could do with a visit from Marjorie though.

Kahurangi

5’10”. Pretty much the heaviest I have ever been now at a smidge over 70 kgs (11 stone).

I’ve always been on the skinny side, put a lot on from rowing for a few years. I’ve lost a bit off the shoulders and put more on the thighs since switching to bikes.

I might be a bit harsh, but I see a lot of biffers out on MTBs. Its good to see people getting out on bikes, I’m not knocking them!

Kat – some of these ladies are tiny, I wouldn’t worry! Go and stand next to ton!

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

aw, thankyou elf – (that’s what I get for temporarily immersing myself in the virtual mtb world rather than the real one outside) in reality I know have some delightful curves and I have no intention of getting rid of them 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I know have some delightful curves

(Raises eyebrow…)

enduro-aid
    Free Member

79kg and 6ft 3″ here pretty average i think certainly not skinny and not fat

oh and the bike comes in at 13 kg

so thats 92kg for those that cant do maths

molgrips
    Free Member

Airlines should have a set weight limit for each passenger including baggage. Smaller/lighter people get to carry more. Why should I pay as much as a larger person when transporting me requires less fuel?

If you’re being serious I can give you a few pointers as to why..? 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I was 63 kg when I was about 12.

Incidentally, that’s probably the last time I weighed myself as I’m not a professional boxer.

brakeswithface

180cm (5 ft 11) and 65kg. I’d also struggle to eat any more cake and pies even if tried 😀

flange
    Free Member

6ft 2 and 91kgs. I’m 18% body fat but don’t think I’m enormous.

However, this thread would prove otherwise….

bullheart
    Free Member

114kg.

Go home pretenders.

(although for the record, I tend to lose around 20kgs in bowel movements alone…)

Taxing folk on planes for being heavy? Pfft…

Anyone under 70kg should be put in the cargo hold. Skinny bastards…

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I’m 172cm tall and weigh 62kgs. I’m pretty skinny but strong for my weight I reckon. I always need to get the smallest men’s clothes. I’ve always been able to eat as much as I can and not put on any weight. I’m a vegetarian though, not that I was heavier when I are meat.

EDIT: I can’t believe some people weigh nearly twice what I do, I can’t even imagine what that feels like. But don’t misunderstand, it’s always good to see people out and about on bikes.

molgrips
    Free Member

(although for the record, I tend to lose around 20kgs in bowel movements alone…)

Once a fortnight?

114kg tho? More like bull-arse.

Anyone under 70kg should be put in the cargo hold

Yep. Elf can go in the overhead locker, and emsz can go under the seat in front of you.

pinches
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    I know have some delightful curves
    (Raises eyebrow…)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, you should be put in the cargo hold. Bloater.

See that, that’s your ‘plane that is. And your vast bulk has caused the undercarriage to collapse….

molgrips
    Free Member

Seriously, Elf. Your photo searching skills are incredible.

Do you find this stuff then make a mental note of it for when you need visual aids in a STW thread?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! You like that one, innit?  😀

Sue_W
    Free Member

Love the plane 🙂 am now getting funny looks for laughing to myself.

Keep ’em coming, I’m stuck on a long, boring train journey, and after all the talk about eating more, and pictures of buns, I’ve now eaten all my lunch and there’s no cake available!

Mind you, I’m working on dome research about health and outdoor recreation – the proportion of people who get enough exercise from outdoor pursuits … But there’s no discussion about the physical activity / cake consumption ratio yet 🙂

And none of you should fret about your size – I’m only light ‘cos I’m a short-arse!

edd

I’m 68kg stripped. Ride at 11 stone 7 lbs with tack although I could probably get to 11 stone with a lighter saddle and some dieting.

Twin
    Free Member

Well Twin must have put on a fair bit of weight as 2 months ago he was 17.5st (111kg) and now he’s 124kg !!!

I am king of the yo-yo diet.

Not played rugby or biked very much for the last two months due to a dodgy knee. A stone a month is a lot though isn’t it? Maybe I should get a grip on this before its too late.

bullheart
    Free Member

114kg tho? More like bull-arse

(sigh)… ‘Tis true…

Although the half of my heart that is bovine weighs 17kg. At least. Fact.

It’s why I walk with a stoop to the left.

bullheart
    Free Member

No, you should be put in the cargo hold. Bloater

Child-seat for you, Puck 8)

TeaBoyPaul

I’m 5’6″ on a good day and weigh 60kg.. I have done for years.. My weight hasn’t fluctuated by more than a couple of kg since I was in my teens… I’m now 35 and waiting for middle-aged-spread to kick in!!

Paul

Twin
    Free Member

mansonsoul – Member
    I’m 172cm tall and weigh 62kgs. I’m pretty skinny but strong for my weight I reckon. I always need to get the smallest men’s clothes. I’ve always been able to eat as much as I can and not put on any weight. I’m a vegetarian though, not that I was heavier when I are meat.

EDIT: I can’t believe some people weigh nearly twice what I do, I can’t even imagine what that feels like. But don’t misunderstand, it’s always good to see people out and about on bikes.

Its not that difficult. I can still play rugby, ride and do everything I normally do, but a bit slower. At 17.5 Stone my body fat mass was 20%, so assuming I haven’t gained more muscle (or bone!) then at the moment it will be about 28%. Probably no more than a lot of the people who have commented on here. Though not necessarily a good place to be. 😳

miketually
    Free Member

When I left uni, I was 10.5 stone. A year later, I was only 10, but that was with the stress of teaching in a crap primary school.

It was only in my mid-20s that I started to fill out at all and I was nudging at 12 stone a couple of years ago.

After a couple of days of no snacking and no alcohol, I was just under 11 stone this morning.

Never been big and never want to be.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not been 60kg since I was about 10-12. Currently 106kg, 6’1. Plus bike and gear I’d say an all-up weight of about 125kg.

Twin
    Free Member

A pic from a year ago, I weighed about 19st then.
    DSC00140 by kerystwin, on Flickr

Viewing 29 posts - 121 through 149 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Are you 60kg?’ is closed to new replies.