Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Apple iphone – does the novelty wear off?
  • toomanybikes
    Free Member

had mine a month, already cheesed off with it, it does everything really well, apart from being a phone, I live 400 yds from an orange phone mast and i still can't get a decent signal, as a pda it would probably be brilliant, but if i can't use it for it's primary role, what's the point of it

GrahamS

Which is odd because I live in the Northumberland countryside and get a full signal (O2 network).

thomthumb
    Free Member

novelty wears off cos it's no longer new!

6 months down the line i'm still dead pleased with it. best gadget i've ever owned – and continued to use. still finding new uses for apps etc.

clubber
    Free Member

Whereas I live in Bristol in the city and get almost no signal (O2 too!) 😈

BoardinBob

had mine a month, already cheesed off with it, it does everything really well, apart from being a phone, I live 400 yds from an orange phone mast and i still can't get a decent signal, as a pda it would probably be brilliant, but if i can't use it for it's primary role, what's the point of it

3G or 3GS?

I have a 3GS and my friend has a 3G. A couple of weeks ago I had zero signal and he was standing right next to me with 5 bars on his signal. I also experience a loss in signal and switching the phone off and back on again is the only way to get the signal back.

Apart from that and the horrendous battery life when using the internet, it's a brilliant gadget.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I've got a 3GS and the only fault is the battery life but I;ve now got a car charger so that shouldn't be an issue any longer. I dunno if its better or worse than a Blackberry because I've never owned one but as a phone its great; for email its great; for music its great; for apps its great. So, 2 years in, I'd say the novelty hasn't worn off yet.

z1ppy

I have a 3GS and my friend has a 3G. A couple of weeks ago I had zero signal and he was standing right next to me with 5 bars on his signal. I also experience a loss in signal and switching the phone off and back on again is the only way to get the signal back.

+1 to this IME, but along with clubber and co. I'm no fanboy for Apples, but love my iphone and wouldn't be without it, owner for 10months.
    As for rugability, mine has a outer case and screen cover and lives in my trouser pocket full time (along with everything else I can stuff in there) and in the backpack whilst riding and is definitely not treated like the treasure item, that it is to me, yet no damage.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I also experience a loss in signal and switching the phone off and back on again is the only way to get the signal back.

Quicker way is to switch Airplane mode on then off – reboots all the radio bits

clubber
    Free Member

Ah yes, I have this same problem with mine – going to take it back to Apple to get sorted. It's got steadily worse and now it won't pick up wifi in the house unless you're right up close to the router.

danridesbikes
    Free Member

Andriod > Apple

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/htc-legend?WT.Srch=1&cid=ppc-go

will go lovely with my macbook pro

uplink
    Free Member

I've had my – hand me down – iphone for a week now
    I think I'll go back to the Nokia 6310 & put the iphone in the draw

Maybe if I had other uses for it other than a phone ??
    TBH – I don't like mobile phones anyway so maybe I'm not a good judge

kimbers

based on my friends and colleagues who own one the novelty wont wear off

you will however become addicted to it, constantly sneaking away to play with it and stop mid conversation to check your email, facebook updates, watch the news, stw etc etc

i would like one but cant afford the 32gb one to match my old ipod

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Apple iphone – does the novelty wear off?’ is closed to new replies.