Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone upgraded form a iphone 4 to a 4s – was it worth it?
  • ski
    Free Member

New contract pending & not sure to go for the iphone 4 or 4s?

Its quite a chunk extra to go for the 4s, just wondering if anyone here has owned both & is the 4s worth the extra, what you think?

Heart say 4s, but wallet says 4 😉

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Realistically, theres only the dual core, siri and better camera which can do 1080p recording.

ski
    Free Member

lol, yea the siri does not do it for me, but the extra quality camera might be a swayer for me, if its that much better than the 4?

PlopNofear, so the Cider did not kill you then 😉

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Yeah the camera is only 8MP, I think it has image stabilisation aswell.

Nope the cider didn’t, it was 7%. Going tonight again, try some more ales.

stumpyjon

Better still ditch the iPhone completey and get soemthing that works 😆

Recently, reluctantly I replaced my 3G with an HTC Sensation, wasn’t going to pay iPhone prices. I’ve been very impressed so far and won’t be going back to Apple in the near future.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I just traded in my iPhone 4 for a 4s, the camera is significantly better, but most of the improvements were down to software. If I was actually paying for the upgrade then I wouldn’t have bothered, but it just meant a 6 month extension on my contract.

Siri is not useful but it is fun to play with.

ski
    Free Member

Thanks for the info sounds like the 4 for me then but will have a look at the h t c too

CountZero

64Gb of storage, up from 32 doesn’t hurt any, either.
    Speaking as someone with 11.2Gb of apps, mostly OS mapping, 32Gb is barely adequate, and that means there’s not really enough room for as much music as I’d like.

footflaps

Camera is noticeably better, battery life is much worse (even with latest SW). I only did it because it was a free upgrade and GF wanted my 4. Not tried Siri yet (and not really in a hurry to either).

emma82
    Free Member

not had a 4 but just got a 4s. Siri is fun for about 5 seconds. Camera is the best i’ve ever had on a phone, it’s quick on everything but its really shiny and keeps slipping out of my hand! I like it though 🙂

nickb

I have a 4s (recently upgraded from a 3s), and my wife has a 4. I’d say it’s not worth paying a premium for the 4s.

If you want to try a non apple option, get a Samsung galaxy s2 – if you can get on with android os and aren’t fully ‘tied-in’ to apple products, then is a brilliant phone – I think a better phone than and iPhone, and the samsungs are better than the hits, IMO

Nick

mikertroid
    Free Member

My wife upgraded from a 3G to 4S this week; the improvement was impressive. I’ll ditch my android Defy in May for 4S/5. Android just isn’t slick enough still for me.

andyplasterer
    Free Member

they still rattle lol

loddrik
    Free Member

Went from iPhone 4 to galaxy s2, less apps but the phone is a massive step up. So much so that me and yhe wife have decided to stick with Google in the future. Ice cream sandwich should bring usability up to ios standards and id expect android apps to really come on in 2012 due to androids market share.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Moved from the brilliant 4 to the 4s camera improvements not really noticable, no noticable speed increase, Siri is brilliant but limited, if it’s a free upgrade get the 4s if not go for the 4

paulo6624
    Free Member

4s battery life sucks btw even compared to the 4 which was also pants

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone upgraded form a iphone 4 to a 4s – was it worth it?’ is closed to new replies.