• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone near Leeds have a Raspberry Pi ? (Favour asked!)
  • CHB

Hi All,
    my local High School and me are designing and launching a low cost case for the Rasberry Pi. The case should sell for well under a fiver delivered! The case will be made out of high quality sustainable board (like the stuff whisky bottles are packed in), and the construction will be like how Pizza boxes or Archive boxed are made up, but with two halves slotting together.
    I have good quality photos of a Pi unit, so can get fairly close to an actual design, however before moving from prototype to production tooling I really need to double check against an actual Pi unit.

Would anyone in the Leeds/York/Harrogate/Wakefield area have a Pi unit that I could borrow for a day in 2 or 3 weeks time?

Thanks, if you can help please mail using the email in my profile.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

My delivery date is may the 5th. I’ll believe it when it’s in my hands. Assuming the goalposts aren’t shifted again then yes, no problem, I’ll mail you when get to work.

CHB

Thanks!

ben
    Free Member

If garrrrpirate falls through, let me know – I can possibly arrange getting you one.

B

CHB

Thanks also! Naturally if someone can help me buy one for a sensible price in the next few weeks that would be even better. Anyone have a friend at RS or Farnell?

Thanks for the great response so far.

My school is Brigshaw near Kippax/Castleford and the plan is to make the cases in the UK with a design and marketing done by the students.

CHB

Wow…someone from the BBC has seen this post and got in touch. They want to do a piece for radio Leeds!

Pressure on to make the case a good one! The kids at my school will be so excited!

CHB

Just been interviewed by the BBC for a slot on Radio Leeds! They interviewed four of us, including the principle and a pupil. We are now geared up for a full on Pi Case Project! (Still need to get my mits on a unit though!)

CHB
    CHB

So last week we were interviewed by the BBC about the RasPi case we are designing. Links are above. I know they say that some people have a good face for radio. I think I have a good voice for lexicography.

Enjoy BBC Leeds at its best!

Konastoner
    Free Member

CHB the 1st batch was in production last week, my wife works where their being made. I’ll see if I can get my hands on one.

CHB

konastoner, that would be brilliant. I also have Ben above valliantly trying to get me one and a couple of offers of loans when people get theirs.
    Where does your wife work? Unless she is in the far east I doubt she works where they are made?
    Farnell and RS are the UK distributers.

ta!

CHB

Hi All….still trying without joy to get my hands on a Pi. Anyone able to help?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone near Leeds have a Raspberry Pi ? (Favour asked!)’ is closed to new replies.