Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone near Brechfa? Lost necklace…….
  • RustySpanner

Hiya,

My niece has lost a gold necklace today (we think) at Brechfa car park – the one for the Green/Blue/Black runs.

We think it’s near the single parking space near the info sign where the blue/green comes out into the carpark.

Not worth anything but of great sentimental family value.

It’s a small gold fish with a pearl in it’s mouth, about the size of your thumb on a gold chain.

We’re now miles away, will be passing at the end of the week but can’t get there ’till then.

If anyone is passing through, we’d be very grateful if you could have a quick look.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Ambrose

I’ll take a drive up there tomorrow afternoon after work.

RustySpanner

That’s wonderful.

Thank you very much indeed.

Ambrose

I’m thinking that you were at the bottom end of the carpark, where it is possible to take a tiny sneaky shortcut off the final 100 m of the trail back to the carpark.

RustySpanner

Right at the bottom of the official end of the green/blue.

She’d just had a big off and was a bit shaken.
    Partner had moved the car to the small space near the single signpost where the official trail emerges at the carpark.

We were still out on the blue at the time, she’d had a wonderful time on the green.
    Her first time at a trail centre, minor concussion, butterfly stiches and a distinct lack of skin on knees and elbows.
    She can’t wait to get back on the bike.
    🙂

Thanks.

Ambrose

Rusty, I’ve found it! Can you give me a call please so that we can arrange its return to your niece ASAP 🙂

I’ve emailed you my number.

Ambrose

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This makes me happy.

Now, where IS that “like” button hiding….

timidwheeler

Good work!

RustySpanner

Wow, that’s fantastic!

Will contact you with details.
    What do you like to drink fella?

Ambrose

No need to reward me. If you’d like to take your pick from the RNLI, the local MRT or the Air Ambulance though…

kimbers

Boomshanka!

Speshpaul

100 out of 10.
    Proper warm and fuzzy:-)

bubs

Amazing – that has to earn you some Karma points.

Ambrose

I’m just off the phone, a call from Rusty Spanner. Arrangements sorted, hopefully meeting up sometime soon. I’ll be making sure that the necklace makes its way to Becky ASAP.

gnusmas

Ambrose, cake is on me for this. Nice one! 😀

Ambrose

I’m hoping that the stars will align and I can return the necklace to R S in person on Saturday.

CountZero

Like with the thread a while back about lost toys, something doesn’t have to be of high monetary value to have high sentimental value, and the loss of a much-loved item just nags at you, going over in your mind where you had it last, wondering if someone found it and kept it.
    Really glad Becky will be reunited with her necklace. Definitely warm and fuzzy. 😀

Marge
    Free Member

Awesome story – Ambrose is forum hero for the month

RustySpanner

Ambrose, thanks once again!

Lovely chatting to you last night, donations have been sent.

Becky’s healing well, might have a pootle down the coast after breakfast.
    🙂

Please give us a shout when you’re up North or around Dinorwic and if the winds are in our favour we’ll see you on Saturday.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone near Brechfa? Lost necklace…….’ is closed to new replies.