Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Anyone looking at tomorrow's weather and thinking…
  • Northwind

…that looks horrendous. I’ll go for a ride, it’ll be a laugh.

garage-dweller

No. I’m thinking tomorrow I have to prepare the base for a new shed in horrible weather otherwise no bike ride on Sunday (in horrible weather). 😆

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Rule 9 applies.

kcal

well it was quite horrendous here earlier (and again, recently). Thunder and lightning, proper grim dark when it should have been light. Very changeable..

hels
    Free Member

I have heavy snow forecast from 2100 tonight until 2100 tomorrow. I’m thinking stock up on logs for the fire, and wine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Looks quite shortlived though, one forecast is showing 25knts gusting 40 on Sunday. The other is showing 8 gusting 13 (with the mental stuff overnight). Could be good, could be bead.

legend
    Free Member

I recommend Aberfoyle, on your own, in the snow and wind and slush and mud and water. Didn’t do that last year, nope, that would’ve been stupid 😳

MoreCashThanDash

Here in the East Midlands I’m looking at tomorrows forecast and thinking “That looks the better of the two days to go out and ride”

chrishc777
    Free Member

Weather looks good here on the sunny Isle of Wight for tomorrow, not too bad Sunday either! Time to take the crosser I finished building last night out I think!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

nope, thinking sufferfest and turbo and about to buy into smart turbo and media for crap winters he he

iainc

bit windy and wild sat here in Glasgow. sore legs from velodrome session at 9 last night tho 🙂 Lunchtime swim in 20 mins to ease it off…

Maybe a trail centre Sunday, as natural stuff is a soggy mess.

pictonroad

we went out on top of the South Downs on Tuesday night, it was amazing. The tail wind up the hill was something else. Not being able to breathe properly facing the wind was somewhat disconcerting.

Sometimes it’s good to get out in it just to marvel.

dantsw13

I’m thinking “Thank God the rain is coming through early tomorrow before my Audax ride!!!”

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, I’m going out on my CXer..

New wheels (Zipp 303 firecrests, and yeah what a day to try them out eh) complete with Challenge Limus tyres means I’m prepared to get very muddy, wet, hot, snotty, sore forearms, grit in my teeth, and blown all over the place.

It will be hilarious 😆

garage-dweller

Picton how are the S Downs riding after recent weather? I’m at the Hampshire end and am imagining it’s pretty claggy and nasty at the moment but not been out for two weeks?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Forecast looks ok down south.

lunge

10 mph winds and sunny spells forecast here in the Midlands. Not to bad at all.

binners

We’re heading up to the lakes for the weekend, this afternoon. Whether it’ll be above water by the time we get there is anybodies guess. Tomorrows walk up Cat Bells might not be happening. Still….. As long as the pubs are open, I’m happy 😀

rOcKeTdOg

4? and sunny tomorrow, why wouldn’t u ride?

scandal42
    Free Member

Forecast looks really decent in Leicestershire

matt_outandabout

I just cancelled tomorrows work – a day outdoors on the West Coast with a bunch of non-outdoory, newbie teachers. 18m/s wind and snow was not going to be conducive to the learning environment….

ransos
    Free Member

I will be, but I also recognise that the weather may be different in other parts of the country.

pictonroad

Picton how are the S Downs riding after recent weather? I’m at the Hampshire end and am imagining it’s pretty claggy and nasty at the moment but not been out for two weeks?

Anything remotely mud like is an absolute disaster if you want to get anywhere, if you want to slide around and laugh then it’s spot on.

I wouldn’t ride the good trails now, it’s too damaging, we stick to the stuff that gets wrecked by horses and logging anyway, it’s axle deep in places.

The SDW is mostly fine.

mindmap3
    Free Member

10 mph winds and sunny spells forecast here in the Midlands. Not to bad at all.

For once I’m glad to be in the midlands! Tomorrow morning doesn’t look too shabby at all. It’s forecast to feel cold, but I can deal with that.

MoreCashThanDash

dantsw13 – Hills and Mills starting at Hailsham? Interested to know what good events are on down there as I visit that part of the world quite a bit and I need ideas to escape from my in laws in Heathfield

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just checked the weather for t’moz, at my end of Hampshires Downs and it’s looking fantastic, 10mph wind, sunny and 12C..

It’s like a cold summers day !

Ace.

8)

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I have some walls to plaster and some skirting boards to fit.

So it’s a lunchtime trail run today, and a turbo session this evening.

The rest of the weekend will be spent indoors doing the DIY.

benji
    Free Member

With a good streaming cold, and a smashed up hand thanks to a slide hammer accident, I’m going to be pleased to be in my armchair watching the world champ cyclocross.

Duggan

I’m in two minds. The weather doesn’t look too bad in Manchester other than slightly chilly and breezy but I’ll have a hangover so might just do a turbo session in my garage instead…but then again a cold windy day might just be what a hangover needs.

bigjim

Looks pretty wild indeed, I can’t decide whether I want to be killed by falling trees at Innerleithen (if the road is passable with the snow forecast) or do 3mph into a blizzard in the Pentlands.

PolisherMan

I’m thinking…I don’t give a stuff, cos I’m having a hernia op tomorrow, followed by 6 (ish) weeks off life 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

ransos – Member
    I will be, but I also recognise that the weather may be different in other parts of the country.

You’re right, I shouldn’t ride if it’s raining 500 miles away

Northwind

bigjim – Member

I can’t decide whether I want to be killed by falling trees at Innerleithen (if the road is passable with the snow forecast) or do 3mph into a blizzard in the Pentlands.

It’s a quandry, isn’t it. I was thinking maybe north, where the wind’ll be spent earlier… though they’re a wee bit faster to turn to cannibalism when it snows.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Crap weather in Oxfordshire tomorrow, but I had 4 hrs at Swinley yesterday in the sun. And I’m spend I g the weekend home in Weymouth where it doesn’t look too bad.

timidwheeler

Crap weather in Oxfordshire tomorrow

Doesn’t look that bad.

whitestone
    Free Member

Ruddy southerners moaning about summer heatwaves!

zelak999
    Free Member

24% chance of heavy rain during Saturday on Dartmoor.
    Looks like good odds to me.

jam-bo

dry day on the moors then…

matt_outandabout

Try being on Shetland at the moment… 😯

http://www.shetland.org/60n/webcams/cliff-cam

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Here in the sub-tropical south west its not so bad, but it doesn’t matter anyway, since tomorrow is ‘flush heating and replace TRVs day’ for me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Anyone looking at tomorrow's weather and thinking…’ is closed to new replies.