Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone had a frame sprayed lately?
  • ricky1
    Free Member

How much would it cost,I have my Eye on a frame but it’s in raw so will need to spray it?

davela
    Free Member

Just sent mine off to Argos Cycles. Costing £155 for the paint job plus £35 total for the courier.

chestrockwell

Last powder coat I had done was £60 including stripping.

bmike
    Free Member

I’ve just sent a couple of frames off to Bournes Powder Coating. They quoted me £40 (for each one) over the phone, which included dipping and stripping first. £5 extra for a metallic colour, £5 for powder coating the forks.

Guess it depends on whether you want a powder coat finish or a spray finish. And I wouldn’t risk powder coating an aluminium frame, unless they can do low temp powder coating.

ricky1
    Free Member

Some interesting prices there,would be going for a spray finish iff I bought it,I think raw is a nice finish but hard upkeep apparently,not as dear as I thought it would be,thanks for the info.

jacob46
    Free Member

davela – Member

Just sent mine off to Argos Cycles. Costing £155 for the paint job plus £35 total for the courier.

what frame you sent em mate?
    ive just come off the phone to them. would love to know the quality of there workmanship.?

nedrapier

Got frame and forks done at Dave Yates last year, along with some additional brazing (disc mount, guides etc) work was good, paint looks great.

prices here: http://www.daveyatescycles.co.uk/custom_bike_frames-Prices-52.php

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a frame sprayed lately?’ is closed to new replies.