Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Anyone got the new Dirt 100 yet?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Not seen it my local WH Smiths yet, have I missed it?

chakaping
    Free Member

not here yet (subscriber)

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Neither here for another sub. Cannot bloody wait tho.

t-p26
    Free Member

subscriber but WH Smith usually get it first 🙁

vinnyeh

due to subscribers approx 10 November according to the letter in my hand. (trialling it at 3 issues for £3, linky

Northwind

Ohhhhhh. Hope it’s as good as previous ones, best mtb publication of the year… makes everyone else’s roundups and “bike of the year” look like the filler they are.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Still no sign of it in my newsagents. Anyone got theirs yet?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why though?

I’m not going to run out and buy everything in it.

Dirt does pics and interviews well.

Race reports can be good if the writer has an interesting slant on it (eg should be raceing but injured), staff writers writing domestic 4x series reports are a bit mehhhh.

Their product testing is a bit pants though, lots of “fresh produce” stuff, “hammered” never seems to cover the same stuff though, although it does seem to have more real world relavence with only ocasional £1000 wheelsets, mostly it’s stuff you might actualy buy. And the bike reviews seem to find everything brilliant (apart from its major flaws).

Mondraker – great, but you need a 20″ frame to get the wheelbase, why not just say it’s too short rather than spending 2 pages saying it’s brilliant?

Whyte 46 – needs a different way of riding it = the forks are like overcooked spagetti.

Specialized enduro (06) – Ok the tyres let go a little in the corners = they were awfull tyres.

Cannondale prophet SL – lightest of the bunch, no s*** sherlock, it was an XC bike in amongst a test of 6″ bikes!

GW
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Ohhhhhh. Hope it’s as good as previous ones, best mtb publication of the year… makes everyone else’s roundups and “bike of the year” look like the filler they are. 😆 brilliant!!

slowrider
    Free Member

that made me lol too GW, poor old singletrack!

tails
    Free Member

I have bought a couple of these first was good as i had clothing and things you’d use, second got rid of the clothing through laziness. We all know that thomson stems and posts are best, same for easton bars, chris king headsets etc etc!

loum
    Free Member

Last issue of Dirt had it advertised for Nov 10th release so I asked in WHSmiths.
    Their computer system had it down as 22nd Nov, so it is late but should be out on Tuesday.

hirise

I’m not a subscriber but I downloaded to iPad yesterday for £2.50 using Dirt’s (free) app. Some new entries into the top 100 and some regulars have dropped off. Good read.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Nearly every single product in there is paid for.

toons
    Free Member

Yep downloaded it and it’s a v good read.

I totally agree with their product of the year 🙂

vinnyeh

You mean the editorial team paid over cash for them? 8)

GW
    Free Member

poor old singletrack!

eh? 😕

guessing we have very different senses of humour then.

Dirt 100 is 100% filler

toons
    Free Member

GW there’s more words in it this year.

GW
    Free Member

still typed by the same retards tho

mrblobby
    Free Member

Am fairly sceptical about all mag reviews, I just like the format and big photos of shiny things 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Come on GW, stop sitting on the fence.

I like reading it but take it with a pinch of salt because there are too many obvious omissions for it to pretend to be definitive.

kimbers

The mag is indeed a bit late due to Dirt’s designer Jon getting owned by a taxi. You’ll all be pleased to hear that he’s making a good recovery and should be back on his bike in a few weeks.

from dirts webpage

who believes si that its all a big con

or do you believe dirts integrity?

edoverheels
    Free Member

Just arrived and enjoying all the filler. (Aren’t all magazines just filler anyway?)
    Si has made me suspicious, as has the complete absence of any Fox forks or Shocks

dans160
    Free Member

Got it yesterday. As always a great read.

mrsi
    Free Member

To be honest, the whole thing looks very much like it’s been put together by people that haven’t had to buy their own shiny bits for far too long. Three hardtail frames – all over 400 quid?

Excepting a pair just for dirt jumping, no forks under the 800 quid mark, apparently you’ll need at least 80 quid for a stem and 100 for a headset and every trail bike should have 300 quid’s worth of seatpost.

It seems to me that it’s no great shock that if you drop a grand on some wheels, they’ll be pretty good, they bloody should be. Don’t get me wrong, I love excessively shiny bits as much as the next man but how about recommending a few more bits that those with normal people jobs might consider spending their own money on?

guitarhero
    Free Member

If you’ve got last years, don’t bother. It’s virtually identical.
    Feel a bit annoyed that this replaced a normal issue.
    I subscribe to the mag, but wouldn’t have bought the “Dirt 100”
    First year it was a septate thing and I was able to avoid what is essentially a mag full of adverts.
    I’ll be canceling my subs before next years edition.
    Unimpressed.

dnchevy
    Free Member

yes mine came 2 days ago good read

Rickos
    Free Member

si_progressivebikes – Member

What makes you say that?

Coyote
    Free Member

Feel a bit annoyed that this replaced a normal issue.

Are you sure..?

si-wilson
    Free Member

I owe an apology to Dirt. It seems they tried to sell me advertisement space in Dirt 100, not an actual place in the 100.

Sorry Dirt.

Shandy
    Free Member

Ha ha ha

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got the new Dirt 100 yet?’ is closed to new replies.