• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anyone got one of these……… (gadget content)
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Popcorn Hour C-200 Media Tank and Bluray player (when fitted). What do you think?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Nobody? Really?

Edric64
    Free Member

What does that do apart from play cd's? (says luddite)

Spongebob
    Free Member

It doesn't play CD's until you upgrade it. You can add a DVD or BlueRay ROM drive to make this a DVD/BlueRay/CD player.

It is a device which enables you to stream internet TV to your TV upscaling over it's HDMI output. There are a range of internet channels you can watch from a preconfigured menu and as internet TV is on the up, Syabas (the manufacturer), will be periodically modifying this menu.

It can accept a streaming feeds from a NAS or PC, but will take it's own HDD to store media.

So it will store your music and video in pretty much any non-DRM format and pictures of course.

It's a cheap alternative to an Home Theatre PC.

There are some reviews online and there's some stuff on Youtube.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Does it take VHS?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Spongebob – Member
    It doesn't play CD's until you upgrade it. You can add a DVD or BlueRay ROM drive to make this a DVD/BlueRay/CD player.
    It is a device which enables you to stream internet TV to your TV upscaling over it's HDMI output. There are a range of internet channels you can watch from a preconfigured menu and as internet TV is on the up, Syabas (the manufacturer), will be periodically modifying this menu.
    It can accept a streaming feeds from a NAS or PC, but will take it's own HDD to store media.
    So it will store your music and video in pretty much any non-DRM format and pictures of course.
    It's a cheap alternative to an Home Theatre PC.

awww bless you had to wait 14 hours to post that!

leffeboy

awww bless you had to wait 14 hours to post that!

Class Mr CynicAl – you're on form this evening

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

It is a device which enables you to stream internet TV to your TV upscaling over it's HDMI output.

not sure how I've managed up until now without this

Strangelove
    Free Member

Doesn't a PS3 do all that? plus play games

damitamit
    Free Member

I have a smaller popcorn hour and its fab. Plays everything I've ever thrown at it.

theflatboy
    Free Member

people who start threads like this talking about price etc. without providing a link to the product or even the actual price are the worst sort of people.

mogrim

Mate's got one, great for watching illegally downloaded HD films and series on your TV. He's very happy with it.

Drac

XBOX 360 £90 does the same and plays games.

cynic-al
    Free Member

theflatboy – Member
    people who start threads like this talking about price etc. without providing a link to the product or even the actual price are the worst sort of people.

Blimey. Looks like I need to re-evaluate my views on Hitler etc…

jon1973
    Free Member

Does it take VHS?

All my favourite films are on Betamax – I refuse to upgrade to VHS as Beta is better quality.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Not really as the op was asking people who already owned it. One would assume they would know what it did and how much it was.
    I didn't know what it was so I used a service on this Internet thing called a 'search engine' it gave me a link to info about it. I found it interesting and subsequently came back to find out the owners opinions.
    Its not really that hard. People who don't make an effort and expect everyone to do everything for them really are the worst sort of people. That said, Hitler and the likes would be up there too 😀

tron
    Free Member

I've always found it too much of a faff to get stuff over to the HTPC. End result was it hardly got used.

tinsy
    Free Member

The screen is very small, can you connect it to a TV?

theflatboy
    Free Member

Barney_McGrew – Member

Its not really that hard. People who don't make an effort and expect everyone to do everything for them really are the worst sort of people. That said, Hitler and the likes would be up there too

nope, people bringing something to the attention of the forum for discussion are obliged to provide sufficient information to contextualise it in order to facilitate said discussion. hitler's not even in the same ballpark.

avdave2

Plays everything I've ever thrown at it.

what even puppies?

Drac

I bet op wants to use it for watching puppies and beavers.

Coyote
    Free Member

Plays everything I've ever thrown at it.

what even puppies?

Only if you moon at it first.

alexxx
    Free Member

popcorn hours are good yes, and to the people that said xbox, your talking crap because the xbox bandwidth is killer, hd my arse!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Does it do big pronography – You know – Really, really big with girls bums and everything?

Olly
    Free Member

i bet its not actually that cheap?

we have a second hand, old office computer, connected to a nicish monitor, using low power linux, and its perfect for watching net tv, music, films, net radio and it EVEN lets you browse the internet.

twas free 🙂

CRAP, just got coleslaw ALL over my work laptop….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got one of these……… (gadget content)’ is closed to new replies.