Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Anyone got Bell Super 2r? Size help please.
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Might give one of these a go.
    I have a 59″ noggin and have heard these run big but unfortunately no lbs has them so need any pointers please.

wiggles
    Free Member

My head is about 62 and usually always a large/XL and I can just about squeeze a medium on my head (large is still the right size) so they do seem a bit big but you need to go try one on.

Fit some people fine as the lid but don’t with the chinguard on.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks, crc have sold out now anyway so I’m going to try and track one down to try on.

robbonzo
    Free Member

I have one, usually wear a medium which fits me fine but worth noting it is a different fit to the old super… There is some extra vinyl nitrile padding inside so if you really are on the edge of a medium better to go large..great lid very happy with mine. If your 59 I’d go large.

benpinnick

If you’re on the cusp between sizes then go bigger (from actual experience too)

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks, my mates medium Super fitted snuggly so glad you’ve mentioned its a slightly different fit.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Sorry to slightly change the topic but Im planning to wait for the super 2r mips… I hear mips is from motorbike industry anyone know if it’s any good/worth the extra cost?
    I had a met parachute but couldn’t get on with the sizes M too small and L too big even with the different size pads. My pal has the normal bell super in a L and it feels great and my noodle is 59cm

didgerman
    Free Member

Just paid for the mips version, £15 off at crc with their voucher code, which you probably got in an email. Arriving end of next month though…:/

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Just ordered the mips one in matt black… Hopefully end of January.

CheesybeanZ

Same size noggin and my Stocker L fits a treat .

poah
    Free Member

given the way the chin guard bends MIPS is the least of your worries lol

darrenspink
    Free Member

given the way the chin guard bends MIPS is the least of your worries lol

You taking about the test featured on pinkbike?

As talked about on there, a comparison is much needed.

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/video-bell-super-2r-helmet-impact-testing-2014.html

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Watched the vid in the link… My thinking is even with that level of flex its hugely better than the 0% chin protection I have with my regular lid, also that mount of energy loss it should def save my jaw/teeth.

droppinneutron
    Free Member

of course it bends under those sort of weights what do you expect it to do?

poah
    Free Member

not bend so much

robgclarkson
    Free Member

just ordered one of these…. i’m rather pleased, that is all.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

I tried a super 2 on in lbs, and the medium was a good fit, so asked them to order the super 2r in medium, and it was a bit small on me. With the chin guard off, it was a little better, but still a bit tight. They are getting me a large, and I will see how that is.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have a 59″ noggin

May I respectfully suggest a cauldron.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Just a soft bump on this thread to see how you guys are getting in with the 2r, size/fit etc.

I did go off the idea of spening 140 on a helmet but now im warming to the idea again.
    Apart from size I need to decide if reds my colour. 😛

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve got a big noodle and tried a pals on last week. Large fitted perfect. Not huge like the met parasuite is in large.
    I’ve got the mips Version on order from chain reaction so due in the end of jan…

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve had my MIPS super 2R for a few weeks now and it seems good so far, I don’t remember I am wearing a new helmet which is a good thing.

benpinnick

Thomasgeorge don’t forget you can remove some of the chin guard padding, otherwise even a large will feel a bit small

darrenspink
    Free Member

wiggles – Member
    I’ve had my MIPS super 2R for a few weeks now and it seems good so far, I don’t remember I am wearing a new helmet which is a good thing.

Ta, you been wearing the chin guard on quick rides as well or not? Just wondering how hot it gets with it.

wiggles
    Free Member

Not worn the chin guard yet. Saving it for the occasional uplift day really rather than my current full face that takes up loads of space and has been used once…

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I got the Parachute for Christmas, large is huge on me but medium is just wearable.

Seriously tempted to send it back and try the Super, has anyone worn both? Be interested to hear how they stack up comfort/cooling wise?

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Greatape you are correct a 59 inch head circumference is indeed Hagrid like and worthy of a cauldron, a cement mixer would be also work

ps would love a 2r myself, whats the best price people have found…

darrenspink
    Free Member

…Yeah yeah, was late.

Think im just going to have to wait till my lbs gets them in, which is a month away.

Might just spend the money on entering another enduro instead for the time being.

trailhound
    Free Member

Tweeks had a delivery of MIPS last week, picked up mine on Friday and really happy with it. Took it out for a blast round CYB on Sunday, with and without chin bar and was very impressed! Not as warm as I thought it was going to be with it on either. Size wise I’m normally a small/med, went for the med which seemed perfect (no idea how big my actual head is though sorry.) Went for the red as the white & black versions seemed a little dull, however – it is actually more orangey in colour (salmon pink one person said!)

darrenspink
    Free Member

Yeah thought it looked a bit off red. Cheers for the info.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Update on this for anyone who might be in a similar situation with the same size head as me….59cm ish.

I bought the medium. Well I bought two actually as I wasn’t sure what colour to go for.

The fit is great, large would of been far too much. Pads in the chin bar are a little bit snug (as they should be really) but they’re settle in and if not I’ll just remove some of the extra padding in there.

I have an infrared MIPS up for sale in the classifieds for local collection if anyones interested.

ondrugs
    Free Member

i tried a medium on this weekend and was amazed at how small it was. i use a 661 Comp medium full face.
    the 2R in a medium didn’t even go past my jaw. same with the Met Parachute.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got Bell Super 2r? Size help please.’ is closed to new replies.