Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone got an '08 or newer Audi A4 Avant?
  • Stu_N

Starting to look at new cars and one option is a new shape A4s – so 08 onwards. One thing I need is for a bike to go in the back upright with the front wheel and saddle off. (Basically they go in vertically against the side of the car).

Might sound an odd preference, but it leaves the other 2/3 of the boot clear for luggage, or you can get a passenger in on the split rear seats with 2 or 3 bikes inside.

No probs with letting air out of forks or whatever to reduce height, but even that didn’t work with the last model of A4. The new one looks significantly bigger and a better shape boot – any experiences?

I can see from the website that the seats don’t go totally flat but they go quite flat…

sssimon
    Free Member

boot is bigger but rear roof line leaves height still a bit restricted. the car is 5 inches longer with 4 inches of that behind the b pillar so length is much better

do think height is going to be the killer though

Stu_N

This is current car (2007 Passat) partially packed up – you can see the back wheel of one bike and the other one under the blue sheet. Two road bikes then go flat on top of luggage, and we also managed to fit in almost 10 cases of wine.

25 July – Packing the car by Stu_N, on Flickr

SiB
    Free Member

Height a bit restricted but a slight tilt of bike sorts this out and it squeezes in upright.

qwerty
    Free Member

got a 56 plate A4 Avant and its a diabolical bike car, no room at all, bike needs wheels and seatpost out and then lay flat (15.5″ frame / 140mm forks). Our previous Peugot 307SW was in a different league for bike transporting as each rear seat folded flat, folded against the front seats or came out all together. A4 now up for sale, bring on a Berlingo! Mebbe you could condider an A6 / Mondeo / Passat.

Brycey
    Free Member

Mine’s arriving on Thursday and it’s away to get a towbar fitted to take a rack before its wheels touch the ground! No help to the OP this information I appreciate, other than boot doesn’t seem very big.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got an '08 or newer Audi A4 Avant?’ is closed to new replies.