Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Anyone got a Kona Honzo?
  • dexterbexley
    Free Member

Have just bought a 20L frame, some 140mm Revelations and some tubeless wheels – looking forward to building her up! Quick headset question – will this work with the honzo? Also, is the seat collar included with the frame?

MrTall
    Free Member

Good effort.

Where did you find the Revelations??? The only 140mm forks i could find were the Reba’s on 29squadron?

Unsure about that headset Dexter as it seems to be zero stack whereas the Honzo takes a zero stack upper and a normal lower one.

I used the Hope pick and mix ones from Merlin which have a 10% discount at the moment up until Valentines day and work out around £54 (bit less if you use quidco etc).

And the frame does come with a qr seatclamp.

Hope your forks are ok, my brand new replacement lowers are marginally better than the first set but the 2.2″ Nevegals still rub so i’m going to have an interesting conversation with Fishers this week…..

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Ta for the headset info. Got the frame and fork at Hibike.de for about 900euros which I didn’t think was too bad. There are really low stocks of Honzos across Europe until May and I got one of the last 3 20L frames. A second set of bent lowers is either bad luck or bad qc, hope you get it sorted.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whippersnapper
    Free Member

Good work DB. When does it arrive?

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Hi Sam, wheels already delivered, frame fork and tyres sometime in next 10 days…just in time for that demo day!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Good good 🙂

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Can anyone give me the length of the top tube (actual) on a 20Long Honzo frame? Think I have been sent a 20″ by mistake…

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Thanks to Bart, the geo figures for the Honzo are:

20L actual top tube length is 24.25″. 20″ is 23.25/5″.

eurospek
    Free Member

^ Glad to be of help, can’t wait to see your build!

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Finally got my 20L Honzo built and she is awesome. The first bike that feels like it fits my 6ft5 frame for a long time.
    Built with 140mm revelations, tubeless wheels, flat sunline bars and a 50mm thomson stem. Just need to save up for some gears next.

Clink

Cool! Bigger pics?

dexterbexley
    Free Member

How about these…

Needs new pedals too. If anyone is interested it handles like a slack 26er; the best hardtail I’ve ever ridden and this build was about £1200.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

One more (wrong iso settings, so sorry for the crappy quality)

eurospek
    Free Member

That looks awesome. Loving the white Revelations.

How is the clearance with the lower headset cup (CC40) and the Revelation knobs on the fork leg? There’s been talk on Mtbr.com that the clearance is minimal, or that I might even not clear the downtube with the CC40 and Revelation.

Care to snap a pic of the clearance? I’m building mine next week finally and will be using the same fork (Revelation RLT 140) and the Cane Creek 40 series headset.

Did you weigh it yet? What dropper post are you using?

Cheers!

dexterbexley
    Free Member

There is at least 1.5cm clearance between fork knobs and the downtube, I’ll try and take a pic tomorrow. No weight as yet but will do next time I’m in my lbs. Post is an old Crank Bros Joplin that has seen better days but does the job. I know I’m biased but I think it looks awesome, not too much like a clown bike at all!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Looking good, looking forward to giving it a whirl.

dawson

needs bar-end plugs 😉 but apart from that it looks nice!

dexterbexley
    Free Member

First month report: Apart from a dodgy bearing in the front wheel I can honestly say that this bike has converted me from 26 to 29 inch wheels. The Enduro hasn’t left the shed and apart from occasionally wanting a bit of squish out the back (saving for SJ evo 29er already) and some gears (anyone selling a 1×10 drivetrain?) this is as quick as the Enduro for most of my SE England riding.

eurospek
    Free Member

lFinally it’s done!!!

So after an introduction into the “All-Mountain” segment last year and a quick season on my previous bike , I was itching for a new 29er bike, especially one that fit me right, as the Transition TransAM ended up feeling too small for me @ 6’4″. Just a quick ride around the neighborhood tonight on the Honzo and things are looking great this season. :thumbsup:

– 2012 Kona Honzo frame, 20 Long
    – 2012 Fox 34 Talas 29 140/110 FIT RLC
    – Cane Creek 40 headset cups
    – Sun Ringle Charger Expert wheelset, sans stickers
    – 2.4 Maxxis Ardent / 2.25 Maxxis Ardent, tubeless, Stans sealant
    – Shimano SLX M665 brakes 203/180mm rotors
    – Shimano SLX M665 crank
    – Shimano XT M770 BB
    – e.13 Guidering 32T
    – Shimano SLX M662 GS rear derailleur
    – Shimano HG-61 12-36 cassette
    – Shimano SLX M660 Rapidfire shifter
    – MRP Lopes SL chainguide
    – Chromag Fubars OSX, 780mm wide, 25mm rise
    – ODI Oury lock-on grips
    – Thomson X4 50mm stem
    – 2012 Rockshox Reverb 420x125mm post
    – WTB Deva SLT saddle
    – Point1 Racing Podium pedals
    – Chromag QR seat clamp
    – Chromag QR rear wheel skewer

31.13 lbs

Under 30 lbs would have been nice, but the last minute component changes were so worth it IMO (the Fox 34 and the Reverb post). And it’s still lighter than my previous bike, so it’s all good!

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Eurospek – how do you find the Honzo? It’s the best bike I’ve owned I think, not touched my Enduro since I built the Honzo up.

eurospek
    Free Member

I would have to agree, definitely the best bike I’ve owned. Blows the Transition TransAM out of the water that I rode previously. Sizing is also spot on, on paper a 26″ ETT sounds massive but when you ride it, it feels so good.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Kona Honzo?’ is closed to new replies.