Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Anyone else lost interest in nightriding?
  • derekrides
    Free Member

Been a bit billy no mates lately, but still go out with the trusty hound, what else is there this time of year, cant stand pounding the pavements.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

out every wed night usally only me and my brother sometime another mate but night riding in the mud just makes it more fun as for cleaning the bike after ive always been a bit slack in that dept and that not going to change 😀

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Just the opposite – really got into it last winter every couple of weeks riding with a mate of mine + up to 6 others who turned up ad hoc. We’d meet up at a pub car park near a wood where there is lots of secret singletrack and burn round for an hour or so, with lots of stops for catching up / pi$$taking – then in the pub for a swift half before heading home. Packed up again in spring when we all got too busy with life, but starting again next week – can’t wait – good fun and a nice change from my usual 2-3 hour steady but hard solo rides.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I seem to be revelling in the Christmas menatlity of sitting on a sofa in my warm dry house rather than riding (or running). The weather is a factor as is the hub repair I can’t drag myself into the shed to do (would rather have new wheels!). I’m sure a spell of cold, crisp wintry weather would snap me out of it, otherwise I’m waiting for Spring!

psychobiker
    Free Member

Love night riding, go out 3 times a week on my own. My brother knows my routes, so if anything was to happen my wife could get in touch with him. Have seen some awesome wildlife, just really enjoy it. Especially if its nice and icy or better still snowing. Last year was ace. Work at a joiners bench in a factory so feel the need to get fresh air at the end of a day.

oldgit
    Free Member

Started night road riding last year! Took off to the quite country lanes and it was full of roadies all doing the same.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m still enjoyong my night riding. I’m out practically every night in the week one night on the SS one night on the cyclo cross bike on the road (actually more cycle lanes around lakes). I would rather go riding for 90 mins- 2hours in the dark than spending that time on the turbo trainer. I also find I am more motivated to ride in driving rain in the dark as you can’t see it so much! Loving my new for this season Troutie Liberator BTW. Thanks Trout! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else lost interest in nightriding?’ is closed to new replies.