• This topic has 23 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by simmy.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone else laid up with cold?
  • Pook

I feel like death warmed up after my 10 month old decided to share his cold. Cold sweats, bunged up nose, sore throat, aching joints – the works!

Mtfu I know.

He’s now fine of course

jimmy

Just out the back of two weeks of it. Feel weak like a kitten.

Time to watch Rocky.

Edukator
    Free Member

Just beginning to feel a bit better after 10 days. Stuck in bed while the others were out skiing, grump, grump etc.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Nearly three weeks of it now. “Fed up” doesn’t get close

P-Jay
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say “laid up” chance would be a fine thing…

Had it about a week now, unusually for me I’ve gone ages without getting ill, skipped that last two family colds but this one got me, it’s not bothering me much other than a bit tired and needed 20 mins of red hot shower to do-clog in the morning.

I’ve got everything crossed I’ll be 100% for the weekend, I’ve got a sneaking one that the Twrch might re-open shortly…

madxela
    Free Member

came down with the office lergy at for my two weeks off at Christmas, after 3 weeks of failing to make it past wednesday lunchtime at work ended up admitting defeat. 2 Weeks of antibiotics to clear sinus infection. Feel almost normal, but now work travel means no weekly thursday night ride,or commute in to work, weather is rubbish…sick as a parrot is so many senses. (Rant and whinge over!). Re stiffens upper lip.

Bregante

I managed to shake mine off a couple of weeks ago. Just in time to get out on a night ride – and break my patellar.

stumpy01

Been fine all winter but woke up this morning with raging temperature, headache, stiff joints, clogged up throat…..
    Bleurgh….gave up on going into work….

Drac

Nope but it’s doing the rounds. My 12 year daughter had it but as she is my daughter she just got on with things as its a cold.

loddrik
    Free Member

Yes, my whole family is. I had one a couple of weeks ago, finally shook it off then got another a couple of days later which I’m at the tail end of now. Barely ridden at all in that time.

ratherbeintobago

Here, too.

Not like I’d be out riding anyway; combination of management course essay (unicorns being ring-fenced) and vile weather…

retro83
    Free Member

Had colds on and off since the start of December. Every time I think I’m over it, daughter brings home a new illness from the Centre For Disease Sharing AKA nursery.

lovewookie

was just getting to starting feeling normal again last week after 5 weeks of shivers/temperature to bit of a cold feelings, and then back again.

then friday, sinuses blocked and sore throat, which is still here and still keeping me off the bike. haven’t ridden since 31st Dec for fear of developing a chest infection.

yes. it sucks.

tang
    Free Member

Thought I had escaped but no. Spent Friday in a fevered blur, that went quickly now in bed feeling rough as you like!

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Yep, same here, just got back on the bike after 3 weeks of chest cold then it came back again at the weekend. Pretty sure I was ok before I got back in the saddle but 2 commutes into a hellish headwind may have taken more out of me than I thought-may just be unlucky though and picked another cold up.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

yep have mine back for round 2. Just wait til Jnr heads to pre school and then to primary school. They bring new strains every couple of weeks. Those incubation centres should be banned.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Had a constant cold since December. Get over one then another infects me. With this and the sodding weather riding the bike is a distant memory 🙁
    Got the shakes/cold sweats yesterday (again) and spent last night shivering and having some properly mad dreams. For some reason the number 74 kept croping up!!

mudshark
    Free Member

I had a few days of feeling terrible followed by a cough that’s mostly gone now after 4 weeks. Two people in the office have just started a to be ill, hoping its the one I had as don’t want another so soon.

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, just coming out of 3 weeks of it.
    I did a road ride with my regular riding buddy at the weekend (nothing special – 30 miles + 1500ft climbing) and he annihilated me on every climb – we’re normally pretty evenly matched.
    He said he felt great and ‘his lungs were full of air’ mine felt like they were half full of water.

scandal42
    Free Member

Crikey you lot are a right bunch of germ magnets*

*Will now be struck down with MF.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Had colds on and off since the start of December.

Me too, I recon it’s the grandson who lives with his father and us for a few days every week. Just seem to start getting over it and he brings a new version round.

darrell
    Free Member

same here – constant stream of viruses from the Nursery

been ill for about 18months – slight exaggeration but feels like it

lovewookie

some properly mad dreams

What is that about? Don’t normally remember dreams, haven’t done for years, but the last few nights have been bonkers.

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve had a runny nose on and off for months. Last week it developed into a cold but, strangely, I only felt crap for about 24 hours.

Mate and his missus and their son were the same, just went as fast as it came.

It’s reached the ” clearing ” stage now where I can’t risk blowing my nose without being in front of a mirror in case of fallout from the tissue…..

I’m guessing being stuck in a car with snotty teenagers 5 days a week and going into a primary school doing Bikeability standing in a freezing playground 1 day a week will eventually build up my immune system.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else laid up with cold?’ is closed to new replies.