Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone else get the beer munchies after cycling?
  • mazdarati

Every time I go for a good rip on the bike, I always get a inexplicable craving for beer on the way home. This usually ends with me drinking twice what I have just burned off, and is somewhat blunting my efforts to get fitter by cycling more!

Don’t have this problem when I play other sports, just mtbing? Anyone else aware of this phenomenon?

brakes
    Free Member

congratulations, you’re pregnant

singletrackmind

Yes,
    And i have cut rides short due to cravings for Tesco rotisserie chickens .
    Beer thing is different for me as i make the stuff!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigthunder
    Free Member

Ive done runs that end by pubs and getting me out can be a bit of a job.

landcruiser
    Free Member

I get the ‘Beer munchies’ after most things ! 😛

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup – I work on ten miles a pint. works for me

RestlessNative
    Free Member

after, during and frequently before 😉

mazdarati

[/quote]Ive done runs that end by pubs and getting me out can be a bit of a job

Same thing happened me on Saturday. The missus sent the father-in-law down to collect me, ended up coming down herself when there was no sign of either of us 3 hrs later

Yup – I work on ten miles a pint. works for me

Haha – Im at 5 miles per pint, and did an extra five miles today so I could have an extra ‘reward’

andycs

All rides should end at the pub!! Even better if it’s within a mile or so of home so you don’t have to drive.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually there was some study recently what showed that drinking beer post-exercise actually aids faster recovery.

I find that if I have a pint or two after a long ride, I suffer far less from cramp. Seems to work very well indeed.

I work on ten miles a pint

Jeeze, if me and Psychle had applied that approach on our London to Brighton Wunundred, we’duv ended up in A+E! 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

All rides should have 2 or 3 pubs stops or 2 or 3 pints at the same pub, makes no difference! 😀

spacemonkey

Nope. My body is the proverbial temple when it comes to post-exercise alcohol. Easy to avoid the stuff when on my own, but usually different with mates.

Ringo
    Free Member

Ride ain’t a ride without the beer after 🙂

cheese@4p

Friday night ride then pub session is a nice weekend starter for me

cookeaa

Jeez you lot, I think if I drank every ride I’d feel like a bit of an Alchy TBH…

Last time I had a pint it was a couple of weeks ago; 1 pint on the return leg of a 40 mile loop ~2.5 miles from home, with some chips…

I did notice less cramp after but by the 10mile/Pint logic I should have had 4, Nah the rest of the day would have been a write off….

bigthunder
    Free Member

Did Callendar to aberfoyle recently with a pub stop at the halfway point(aberfoyle). 4 pints turned me into a downhill maniac on the ride back through queen elizabeth forest park! Might try it for sundays uplift!

Stoner
    Free Member

My night ride involves a pint at half way and 3x at the end, one mile from home off road. 3 or 4 times a week.

Why else would you go for ride in the middle of the night?
    That’d be just weird.

kinda666
    Free Member

Ringo – Member
    Ride ain’t a ride without the beer after

Or before in your case!! The coffee did surprise me last night though..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else get the beer munchies after cycling?’ is closed to new replies.